Awards for Brackenrigg
VisitEngland 4 Star Self-catering
All the national assessing bodies (VisitEngland*, VisitScotland, Visit Wales and the AA) now assess hotels and guest accommodation (including B&Bs) to the same criteria and award one to five stars. The star ratings reflect the overall quality of the experience. When choosing your accommodation look for the Quality Rose, the official marque of the Enjoy England national tourist board rating scheme.
Green Tourism Gold Award
A Green Tourism award shows that a business has been independently assessed and certified, so you can choose the greenest option with confidence. Businesses which meet Green Tourism standards receive a Bronze, Silver, or Gold award based on their level of sustainability. Green Tourism is validated by ICRT on behalf of VisitEngland, VisitWales, VisitScotland and Northern Ireland Tourism. Additional information on this certification scheme can be found here.
FairBooking aims to provide the best deal for the customer, the business and the destination. By making a booking with a FairBooking property or through a FairBooking website you are guaranteed the best rates on-line and the revenue stays within the local economy. In addition, FairBooking businesses donate for every direct booking they receive to an approved good cause that supports environmental and community schemes.
Member of Cumbria Tourism
Cumbria Tourism is a membership organisation with over 2,600 members from the tourism industry, committed to developing, promoting and managing tourism in the county.
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
Units vary and not all have all the facilities please state requirements when booking.
- Steps to the main entrance:
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)