Awards for Lingwood Lodge
VisitEngland 4 Star Guest House
All the national assessing bodies (VisitEngland*, VisitScotland, Visit Wales and the AA) now assess hotels and guest accommodation (including B&Bs) to the same criteria and award one to five stars. The star ratings reflect the overall quality of the experience. When choosing your accommodation look for the Quality Rose, the official marque of the Enjoy England national tourist board rating scheme.
VisitEngland Silver Award
Gold and silver awards are given to hotels and guest accommodation that provide exceptional quality in all areas but in particular in service and hospitality.
VisitEngland Breakfast Award
The VisitEngland Breakfast Award recognises those hotels and B&Bs that offer their guests a quality and choice of breakfast, service and hospitality that exceeds what would be expected at their star rating.
FairBooking aims to provide the best deal for the customer, the business and the destination. By making a booking with a FairBooking property or through a FairBooking website you are guaranteed the best rates on-line and the revenue stays within the local economy. In addition, FairBooking businesses donate for every direct booking they receive to an approved good cause that supports environmental and community schemes.
Member of Cumbria Tourism
Cumbria Tourism is a membership organisation with over 2,600 members from the tourism industry, committed to developing, promoting and managing tourism in the county.
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 14Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours