Awards for Cobblestone Cottage & Wallers Barn
VisitEngland 3 Star Self-catering
All the national assessing bodies (VisitEngland*, VisitScotland, Visit Wales and the AA) now assess hotels and guest accommodation (including B&Bs) to the same criteria and award one to five stars. The star ratings reflect the overall quality of the experience. When choosing your accommodation look for the Quality Rose, the official marque of the Enjoy England national tourist board rating scheme.
VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome
VisitEngland Walkers Welcome
VisitEngland Families Welcome
The Families Welcome scheme will give families the confidence that they are booking quality accommodation that meets their particular needs. Simple criteria have been developed which consider the specific requirements of families with children.
VisitEngland Pets Welcome
The Welcome Pets scheme will give pet owners (dog, cat or bird owners) the confidence that they are booking quality accommodation that meets their and their pet's particular needs. Simple criteria have been developed which consider the specific requirements of owners and their pets.
Older and less mobile
Typically suitable for a person with sufficient mobility to climb a flight of steps but who would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
Member of Cumbria Tourism
Cumbria Tourism is a membership organisation with over 2,600 members from the tourism industry, committed to developing, promoting and managing tourism in the county.
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
This information relates to Cobblestone Cottage only.
- Ramp to entrance
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with flashing lights
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)