Awards for Lane Head Farm Country Guest House
VisitEngland 4 Star Guest House
All the national assessing bodies (VisitEngland*, VisitScotland, Visit Wales and the AA) now assess hotels and guest accommodation (including B&Bs) to the same criteria and award one to five stars. The star ratings reflect the overall quality of the experience. When choosing your accommodation look for the Quality Rose, the official marque of the Enjoy England national tourist board rating scheme.
VisitEngland Breakfast Award
The VisitEngland Breakfast Award recognises those hotels and B&Bs that offer their guests a quality and choice of breakfast, service and hospitality that exceeds what would be expected at their star rating.
VisitEngland Cyclists Welcome
VisitEngland Walkers Welcome
VisitEngland Pets Welcome
The Welcome Pets scheme will give pet owners (dog, cat or bird owners) the confidence that they are booking quality accommodation that meets their and their pet's particular needs. Simple criteria have been developed which consider the specific requirements of owners and their pets.
Member of Cumbria Tourism
Cumbria Tourism is a membership organisation with over 2,600 members from the tourism industry, committed to developing, promoting and managing tourism in the county.
Self-assessed Accessibility Information
Self-assessed Accessibility Information provides a list of available facilities and services, highlighted as being of key importance by disabled people. Along with Access Statements, which provide a fuller written description of accessibility, it can help people with access needs make an informed choice as to whether accommodation, attractions, food & drink or shopping establishments meet their needs.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- One or more bedrooms
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 3Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free