Search availability for The Hayloft and book online
|Book through GoLakes||FEB
Availability updated on 8 Feb 16 at 21:59
The Hayloft Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Three bedrooms, 1 Antique Victorian Double Bed, 1 double and 1 twin, 2 bathrooms, 2 sitting rooms and enclosed garden.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
c/o Highfield, Main Street,
Yew Tree Farm,
Grange-over-Sands, Nr. Cartmel,
The Hayloft is a luxury holiday cottage converted from a limestone barn in South Lakeland's stunning Cartmel peninsula. It has 3 bedrooms, including an Antique Victorian double bed, conservatory, games room and galleried lounge looking out to Morecambe Bay.
The Hayloft is located within 2 miles of picturesque Cartmel and Grange-Over-Sands and is 8 miles from lake Windermere. It combines stone and oak with beautiful furnishings and is warm and cosy, a real 'home-from-home'. The Hayloft offers flexible accommodation and sleeps 6-7 in a downstairs 4-poster room with adjacent shower room, an upstairs double bedroom amd twin bedroom. The upstairs lounge has a Smart TV, sofa bed and window seats overlooking Morecambe Bay. The bespoke open plan farmhouse kitchen/dining room is very well equipped and leads to the fully-heated conservatory, overlooking a pretty enclosed lawn and borders.
The Hayloft has parking for 2 cars and a stone-built stable converted into laundry and games rooms with table tennis, darts and table football. Changeover is on Friday. Rates include all bed linen, towels, services and 2 pets.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Games room onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cleaning service
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Staff fluent in Spanish
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Freeview TV, there are leisure spas at the hotels in the area, 2 miles away. Children welcome from any age.
SD 385761 54.17699 -2.94369
From M6 jct 36 travel along A591 until the first exit marked A590 to the Lake District Penninsulas. Take B5277 to Grange-Over-Sands and Allithwaite. Details are provided on booking.
Trains run to Grange-Over-Sands from Manchester airport, often changing at Lancaster. Coaches stop there and X35 bus runs from Kendal to Grange.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
You can live downstairs as the bedroom, shower room, lounge, kitchen, dining room and toilet are on the ground floor. There is no specific disabled access as it is an old barn.