Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Howe Farm Bed & Breakfast
Heywood, United Kingdom
17 March 2017
“Home from Home, beautiful views.”
The service from Lisa and Michael was fantastic. Every whim catered for. My LO enjoyed her stay so much she wanted to go back the following weekend.
The location is great for exploring the area with plenty to do for young and old.
The accommodation was clean and well catered.
No complaints. More than we expected.
Looking forward to our next visit.
Reply from Howe Farm Bed & Breakfast at 17 Mar 2017
Thank you we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Dating back to 1695 Howe farm is packed with original features. Both bedrooms have excellent views over open countryside and Esthwaite water each room has its own private bathroom, where quality toiletries and fluffy robes are apparent. You can relax in the comfortably furnished lounge with a log fire on those cooler evenings, both breakfast and dinner are served in your dining room with the freshest home-grown and local produce used. Howe farm is only a short walk from the picturesque village of Hawkshead where Wordsworth spent his school days, with its many shops and cafes its the perfect place to visit. A warm welcome awaits you at Howe Farm come and visit soon.
SD 352972 54.36616 -2.99881
From M6 jct 36, take A590 to Newby Bridge and turn right over the bridge and head for Lakeside, continue along this road past Stott park Bobbin Mill and Esthwaite Trout Farm. Howe Farm is along the road on the left. Howe farm is 8 miles from Newby Bridge. Alternatively from Ambleside take the B5286 to Hawkshead and from the village take the road signposted for Newby Bridge. The farm is 0.5 mile from the village on the right.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Packed lunches provided
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bedroom without fitted carpets available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours