Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Benson, United Kingdom
29 June 2016
Wi-fi didn't work for half the week. Accommodation was perfectly adequate although lacked a certain homeliness for our taste. No books in evidence, for example. Also we had to replenish the toilet rolls during the course of the week!
Reply from Fornside Farm Cottages at 29 Jun 2016
I'm sorry about the wifi we had a router break down and fixed it as quickly as we could. We did apologise at the time and I'm sorry if it spoilt things for you. There are lots of information leaflets and some novels in the cupboard I'm sorry if you didn't find them. We provide a new toilet roll at the start of your stay in all bathrooms. It is self catering so we would normally expect this to be part of your provision but we are happy to provide extra rolls if visitors get caught short! We would like all our visitors to discuss these things at the time as if they are causing problems they can almost always be fixed while you're here. We hope we might see you again at Fornside as it looks as if you did enjoy your stay.
Fornside Farm cottages enjoy a stunning location at the foot of the Helvellyn range surrounded by dramatic Lakeland scenery.
We have 4 cottages beautifully converted from stone barns alongside the traditional farmhouse. They provide spacious accommodation of a very high standard retaining many original features. Well equipped, warm and welcoming with full central heating they are comfortable at any time of year.
Fornside Farm is a typical 17thC Lakeland hill farm, set back from the road with direct, private access to the fells. We farm 75 acres of beautiful countryside with spectacular views. We farm sheep and free range hens and also keep a horse, a pony, ducks and various cats and dogs.
We have created a private farm trail to help you enjoy our woods, fields, streams, wildlife and fantastic views.
Please note we do not take group bookings of 3 or more cottages without prior agreement.
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Telephone (public)
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen