Search availability for Andrew House Cottage & Barn and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
(Cottage sleeps up to 2)
(Cottage sleeps up to 4)
Availability updated on 30 Aug 15 at 10:02
The Cottage Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 2
- Ground floor, sitting room with french doors onto patio and garden. Compact kitchen. WC and wash hand basin. Spiral staircase to first floor, 1 double bedded room. Shower room with shower, wash hand basin, WC, bidet.
Facilities, electric hob, microwave oven/grill, slow cooker, George Foreman grill, fridge, kettle, toaster, colour Tv with digibox, iron.
DVD & video player
- Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, Accessibility - hearing 2
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
The Barn Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- On the ground floor there is a light airy lounge with open fire and dining table and lovely views of the garden and hay meadow beyond. Bookcases house a good selection of books including many relating to the Lake District and its scenery, walks, wildlife etc.
The well-equipped recently refurbished kitchen provides a spacious place to cook and enjoy the lovely views of the garden and field beyond. There is a new electric oven and hob, microwave and good sized fridge freezer and lots of storage space in cupboards and drawers. Easy access through the porch to the garden.
There is a downstairs toilet and hand basin also a new washer dryer
Upstairs are two bed rooms furnished with new beds, a double and two single beds and plenty of storage space in wardrobes and chest of drawers. We hope that you will enjoy the high quality bed linen and towels as well as Cole and Lewis toiletries.
Wet room facilities can be enjoyed in the spacious bathroom.
- Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- All bed linen, towels, tea towels provided also all heating and lighting. Initial supply of coal and wood will be made available with the option to purchase further supplies.
'The Cottage' and 'The Barn' at Andrew House are part of a 4 acre site which includes owners John & Tina's nearby Grade two listed former farmhouse.
Located just 3 miles from Lake Ullswater, both properties overlook extensive lawned garden and lie within a few minutes' walk from the village pub and restaurant. A good central location offering a marvellous holiday base for a Lakeland holiday with walking, sailing, canoeing and fishing nearby.
'The Cottage' sleeps two people in a spacious sunny bedroom with lovely views to the east and west. It has en-suite facilities and is reached via a spiral staircase from the living room. In the garden chairs and a table on the patio provide a lovely place to sit and watch the red squirrels and birds.
'The Barn' provides spacious accommodation furnished and decorated to a high standard providing you with a home from home base for your holiday in the Lake District.
The Barn has a delightful garden with a patio, table, chairs and barbecue from where the abundant wildlife can be appreciated. Pass through the gate from the garden straight into a hay meadow ideal for relaxing strolls. A wonderful place to enjoy the sunset.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Ironing facilities
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Safe parking for trailers, boats, canoes, bikes etc. Three acres to walk and relax in Arrangement with Aqua Sana, Center Parcs to use facilities. Children welcome from any age.
NY 482278 54.64264 -2.80414
From M6 jct 40 follow A66 towards Keswick. Ignore the Stainton sign at the roundabout after the Little Chef. Continue on the A66 and 0.25 miles after the roundabout turn left for Stainton. Go past the school and turn right. Andrew House is at the top of the hill on the right.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
County Fermanagh, United Kingdom
16 August 2015
“Wonderful location, accommodation and hosts!”
Very convenient for walks and Penrith , walking distance to a pub that serves good food. John and Tina were wonderful hosts and went out of their way to ensure everything was perfect, including fluffy towels and fresh flowers in the kitchen.
The barn was very well equipped with everything you could need.
We would happily return again as we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.