Search availability for Nibthwaite Grange Cottage and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
|Book through GoLakes||APR
(Cottage sleeps up to 6+2)
Availability updated on 21 Apr 14 at 10:15
- Cottage sleeps up to 6+2
- 3 bedrooms: one double; one with two single beds that can be linked to form a king size bed; one with bunk beds. A music and games room upstairs has a futon where two extra guests can be accommodated.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- The price includes all linen, electricity (night store heaters, bedroom heaters, hot water and cooking), logs for a few days burning for the wood burning stove. Extra logs can be purchased on booking for £4 per bag. Up to two well behaved dogs for £15.
Please note your card details may be taken at the time of enquiry for security purposes.
Payment for your stay will be arranged with the owner who requires a deposit of £100 to confirm the booking. Payment is by bank transfer or cheque.
This traditional, spacious detached Lakeland cottage is surrounded by peaceful gardens with lovely views and nestles at the foot of a wooded hillside. Footpaths through the woods enable visitors to walk from the cottage to the moors overlooking Coniston Water and the Old Man. Just south of Coniston Water off the East of Lake road, the cottage is within easy reach of all that the South Lakes has to offer: the Coniston range of mountains, forest walking and cycling in Grizedale, historic houses such as Brantwood, pubs, villages and the historic towns Ulverston and Broughton in Furness.
“A little piece of heaven!”
Downstairs has a spacious, well equipped kitchen/dining room, comfortable living room with wood burning stove, games, maps & guides. There is a DVD player (no TV), CD player and free Wi-Fi. The bathroom has both bath & separate shower toilet and basin and there is a utility room with washing machine and drying facilities.
Upstairs are 3 bedrooms sleeping 6 people. One double, one twin (or Super King-size) & a bunk room. There is an upstairs toilet and a large games and music room with a small snooker table, piano and double futon.
Outside on the south facing patio is a dining table with 6 chairs. Sunloungers, garden chairs and a barbeque are available as well as storage for 4 bikes.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Gay/lesbian friendly
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Washing machine
- On street/public parking
- Ironing facilities
Outside: Patio with table and chairs for 6, 2 sun loungers and benches in the garden. Bike shed for up to 4 bikes, further bikes can be stored in the games room. Inside: Spacious music and games room with small snooker table and quality modern piano. Children welcome from any age.
SD 296881 54.28367 -3.08284
From M6, exit jct 36 and follow directions to Kendal on A590. Take first left after 4 miles still on the A590, direction Barrow. Continue on A590 through Newby Bridge, till Greenodd (about 18 miles) and take major right turn signposted Whitehaven, Broughton and Coniston, on the A5092.
After 2 miles take right fork signposted to Coniston, continue another mile to the Red Lion pub (on the left) at Lowick Bridge. Take right turn, then over the bridge and turn immediately left, signposted Nibthwaite, East of Lake.
About 1.5 miles after the bridge, take second right (opposite a farm yard, no through road sign and old boat on the wall). The cottage is cream coloured, the last house on the right. Parking is just up the road.
From the north, travel through Coniston on the A5084 to Lowick Bridge. Turn left and follow instructions from there, above.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
Cardiff, United Kingdom
10 May 2013
“Lovely and relaxing stay!”
We had a nice time at the cottage and could have stayed much longuer. Once all warmed up with nice log fire we enjoyed the space, great playroom with snooker, the location and views. Nice walks around the cottage and great walk on the Old Man of coniston.