Search availability for Hornsbarrow Farmhouse and book online
|Book through GoLakes||DEC
Availability updated on 26 Nov 15 at 02:51
- House sleeps up to 6
- Sleeps 6, 1 double and 2 twin bedded rooms. Through lounge/dining room, open fire, kitchen with dining area, separate utility room.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Short breaks can be arranged to meet your requirements.
Well behaved dogs welcome (2 max up to Labrador size).
c/o Hornsbarrow New End,
Nr Kirkby Lonsdale,
Nr Kirkby Lonsdale,
Hornsbarrow Farmhouse is ideally situated for visiting both the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales. The house dates from 1681 and retains several period features such as oak beams and a cast iron range. There is a modern kitchen with dining area, utility room, downstairs toilet and large through lounge/dining area with an open fire. Upstairs has a modern bathroom, double bedroom and 2 twin bedrooms. All the main rooms look out onto open countryside. Weekly bookings are from Saturday to Saturday with arrival at 15.30 and departure by 10.30, variations to these times can be made by prior arrangement. Short breaks also available.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
Hornsbarrow is 3 miles from Kirkby Lonsdale where you can find a wide range of restaurants, pubs and cafes to suit all tastes. There are also several interesting shops and our nearest supermarket. This location is ideal for visiting the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the pretty villages around Morecambe Bay. Walking, golf, fishing, horse riding are just some of the many activities available locally. Bed linen, towels, fuel and a welcome pack are provided. Dogs welcome, a small charge applies, please read our pet policy on the website. Children welcome from any age.
SD 571801 54.21483 -2.65933
Hornsbarrow farmshouse is located just off the A65, 3 miles from Kirkby Lonsdale and 3 miles from M6, jct 36.
Oxenholme and The Lake District station is 8 miles away, taxis are available at the station. The Stagecoach 567 Kendal to Ingleton bus service, passes the entrance to Hornsbarrow, the bus stop being 1 mile away.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Hampshire, United Kingdom
29 July 2015
“Very relaxing ”
Absolutely everything you need in the cottage for a weeks stay. Very quiet despite being on the A65. Great vista from the windows of the cottage. Good location near to Kirby Lonsdale and close to the Lakes