Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Wheelgate Bed & Breakfast and book online
Pennsylvania, United States
29 September 2016
Stuart and Sandy were excellent hosts and the room was very nice. Good location.
Reply from Wheelgate Bed & Breakfast at 29 Sep 2016
Thank you for your great review and the fabulous pictures you shared on the FaceBook page.
Our welcoming and friendly B&B, nestling beneath The Old Man of Coniston, is an ideal base for exploring England's beautiful Lake District. Our 17th century Lakeland farmhouse offers stunning views and a perfect combination of peaceful charm and spacious, well-equipped rooms, all with ensuite showers. Excellent award-winning breakfasts cater for all tastes and include local and homemade products. A wide range of walks start straight from the doorstep and cycling, horse-riding and water sports are available locally. Children aged 8 and above are welcome. Arrival between 15.00 and 19.00, earlier check in by prior arrangement; check out by 10.30.
Children welcome from age 8.
SD 290950 54.34557 -3.09369
Leave M6 at junction 36. Take A590 towards Barrow-in-Furness. At Greenodd turn right onto A5092 and in Lowick turn right again onto A5084. At the T-junction in Torver turn right towards Coniston on A593. Wheelgate is approximately half a mile along on the left. The nearest train station is Ulverston, approximately 12 miles away. There are taxis and the X12 bus service from Ulverston to Wheelgate. On request the X12 stops outside the guesthouse.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Real log/coal fires
Children welcome from age 8.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free