Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
12 April 2017
“An extremely comfy cozy cottage perfect for our ne”
Exactly what we wanted in the perfect location at a very competitive price.
Reply from 2 & 7 Lingmoor View at 16 Apr 2017
We are very pleased Mr Lavery liked the cottage. Ours is a small family run cottage letting business and we try to deliver the best possible holiday experience. Michael Batho.
These 2 traditional Lakeland cottages are beautifully situated in Great Langdale valley in the heart of the Lake District where there are numerous walks to suit all abilities and ambitions. The views of Lingmoor Fell and the Langdale Pikes further up the valley are stunning.
The cottages are about 10-minutes walk from the village of Chapel Stile. Elterwater is a little further but still within easy walking distance. There are a number of pubs in the area all of which serve excellent bar meals. Tracks lead directly from the cottage onto the fells behind.
The accommodation and facilities are the same in both cottages. Only the furnishings/decor differ. They each have a cosy sitting room with original cast iron open fire, a fitted kitchen diner with microwave, a utility area with washer-drier machine and 2 bedrooms, 1 double and 1 twin. There is a shower over the bath. Other features include slate-flagged floors and original wooden doors. Children and pets welcome. Change over day Saturday.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 316055 54.44029 -3.05613
By car from the South, take M6 jct 36 turn off and follow signs for Kendal, Windermere and Ambleside. Chapel Stile is located on the B5343 four miles north west of Ambleside, via Skelwith Bridge. It is two miles from The Old Dungeon Ghyll at the head of Great Langdale valley. The cottages are set well back from the road at the northern end of the village. There is one car parking space available for each cottage. The nearest train station is Windermere with bus routes available via Ambleside direct to the Chapel Stile.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Squash onsite
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Children's outdoor play area
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bedrooms available with no fitted carpets
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights