Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Welcome to Claremont House situated in Ambleside, right in the heart of the English Lake District, ideally situated to tour and explore this beautiful National Park. Some of the UK's finest scenery and the country's most popular climbing and walking areas are on our doorstep. Maps and literature are available on all aspects of the area as well as excellent local knowledge and advice on walks, cycles, scrambles and places of interest. At Claremont House you will find a friendly and informal atmosphere the perfect combination for a relaxing holiday.
Claremont House is a typical Victorian building of Lakeland stone, perfectly placed in Ambleside town centre for all its cafes restaurants pubs and shops. We are a short walk from the northern edge of Lake Windermere, which offers a variety of water activities, water sports and lake cruises.
We offer you 5 comfortable bedrooms all of which are beautifully decorated; each room is individually styled and furnished. Our room styles consist of double, twin bedded and family rooms. All bedrooms are ensuite and are equipped with a television with a DVD player, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, hospitality tray and free Wi-Fi is provided. Our satisfying breakfasts from a traditional full English to a lighter or vegetarian alternative include organic and locally sourced produce where possible. Guests can benefit from full central heating, ironing facilities, a drying room and safe storage for bikes.
Parking is by permit.
We look forward to welcoming you to Claremont House, Dave and Angie Owen.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 375043 54.43025 -2.96492
From the south, leave M6 jct 36, Kendal and the South Lakes onto the A590/A591. Follow signs for Kendal then Windermere the A590 becomes the A591 just before bypassing Kendal. Ambleside is 4 miles past Windermere on the same road.
From the north, leave M6 at jct 40 then follow the A66 to Keswick. At Keswick join the A591 via Grasmere to Ambleside.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit