Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Covering 112 miles, and the most famous passes of the Lake District, the 4 Seasons Fred Whitton Bike Tour follows the annual sportive route but can be completed 365 days a year at your own pace. It's a fantastic opportunity for individuals, groups and clubs to complete one of the most challenging cycling routes in the country, over one or more days, and to get an official finish time on the Fred Whitton website.
Visit www.golakes.co.uk/4seasonsfred to download the map and route details
Ennerdale Bridge - Calder Bridge - Cold Fell Summit
Start: Ennerdale Bridge
1. Head back to Ennerdale Bridge and then turn left towards Whitehaven.
2. Turn left again towards Calder Bridge and on to Cold Fell Summit (290m).
3. Pass Calder Bridge Village Hall and turn left onto the A595 to Gosforth.
4. Turn left into Gosforth, then right, leaving Gosforth for Santon Bridge.
5. Continue to Irton Pike Summit and onto Eskdale Green.
6. Turn left at King George IV and past Boot Village up to the summit of Hardknott Pass (393m). This is the steepest hill in England with gradients of 1 in 4 and less so be prepared! Pushing is allowed!
7. Continue onto the Wrynose Pass Summit (393m) and through Fell Foot and Little Langdale. Turn right at the T-Junction towards Coniston and right again onto the A593 to Coniston. On entering Coniston head back to Hills Garage to complete the challenge.