Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Derwentwater, the queen of the lakes nestled in the mouth of the Borrowdale valley. The most picturesque of all the National Parks waters.
With our fun and leisurely half day canoe sessions, we'll teach you basic canoeing and paddling techniques, journey into the quiet bays around the lake shores and visit the islands. You'll spot some of our local wildlife, maybe play some canoe games, and we'll certainly get the chance to stop and enjoy a hot drink whilst enjoying the breathtaking scenery.
This session is great for families, groups and complete beginners and suits everyone of all ages. You will discover for yourself the places of interest, wildlife, history and geology that have helped shape these undeniably special locations.
We provide all specialist equipment and instruction.
£30.00 per person. Children under 12 £25.00
Also at this Venue
- Introduction to Bushcraft
- Overnight Wilderness Canoe Journey
- Middle Derwent River Trip
- 10% off all courses
- Canoe hire on Derwentwater, Keswick
- Private Coaching and Tuition
- Trees, Twigs, Tinder's and Fire by Friction
- Safe Knife Work and Whittling
- Wild Food Prep and Campfire Cooking
- Shelters, Flint and Steel Fire Lighting
- Canoe and Bushcraft Day
- Paddle Carving Workshop
- Nettles, Fire Bread & Wild Rabbit
- Fish and Feather Wild Food Prep & Campfire Cooking
- Children welcome