Castlerigg Hall Caravan & Camping Park
Search availability for Castlerigg Hall Caravan & Camping Park
Availability updated on 8 May 13 at 16:47
Catering for families and couples Castlerigg Hall Caravan & Camping Park occupies one of the finest positions in the Lake District overlooking Derwentwater with breathtaking views of the surrounding fells. Our west facing location above Keswick provides the opportunity to relax and enjoy dramatic sunsets from your pitch. Ninety percent touring pitches fully serviced, all on hard standing. The camping field is separate to the tourers with level and sloping areas. Caravans are available for hire, all rooms are heated and all with balcony. Good walks are available from the park including a 20 minute woodland walk into Keswick.
A landscaped park providing habitat for wildlife. David Bellamy gold award winner. Cumbria for Excellence award winner 2002, finalist 2008 and Northwest caravan park of the year 2005. Please note: Last arrivals 21.00.
The shop offers a wide range of locally sourced produce, gifts camping accessories and an off license whilst "Food @ Jiggers" Restaurant with its oak trussed roof, old fashioned cow stalls and views over Derwentwater is the perfect place for a hearty English breakfast to set you up for a days walk on the fells. In the evening you can relax and enjoy a meal whilst gazing out over the panoramic view and sunset from the outside balcony. "Felltop Pizza's" takeaway service is available on certain nights throughout the season.
Our new heated amenity block, built in the style of two traditional Lakeland barns provide toilets, showers, underfloor heating, privacy cubicles, a bathroom and disabled facilities.
Other facilities include launderette, Battery charging, telephone, gas exchange, ice pack cooling and tourist information centre at the reception (with free Wi-Fi)
We are situated in the countryside and like to encourage as much wildlife as possible. The site participates in the David Bellamy Conservation Awards, which are held each year, and we have achieved a 8th consecutive gold award for continuing commitment for conservation and the environment.
Deer may frequently be seen from the caravan terraces along with badgers and red squirrels. We have several nesting boxes for birds and bats!
The site is home to two pet pot bellied pigs "Boris & Lulu" also "Amy" the Shetland pony, Golden Guernsey Goats, Indian Runner Ducks and we have given a new lease of life to several x-battery hens!
So come along to Castlerigg Hall and enjoy the countryside!
For further details see
Children welcome from any age.
see location on Google maps. Map reference: NY 282225 Lat: 54.59255 Long: -3.11268
We are 1.5 miles south east of Keswick off A591. Turn right up a country lane and we are on the right, 50yds after the Heights Hotel. The 555 bus stops at Castlerigg lane End, 10 minutes' walk from there.
- Parking space next to pitch
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Booking recommended in summer
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Disabled facilities
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Ironing facilities
- Laundry facilities
- Drying facilities
- Telephone (public)
- Television available
- Lighting throughout park
- Heated shower block
- Showers available
- Flush toilets (with lighting)
- Hot water
- Electric shaver points
- Children welcome
- Breakfast available
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Dish washing facilities
- Drinking water
- Gas cylinder exchange or refill
- Electric hookup
- Waste/water hookup
Children welcome from any age.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided at the side of the pitch
- Surface of the pathway leading from the pitch to site facilities is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc?
- The site is:
- On a moderate slope
- Ramp to reception
- Reception is well lit
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by a ramp:
- To the café / restaurant
- To the shop
- To the shower block
- Toilet suitable for use by wheelchair users
- Washing facilities with:
- Separate shower units
- Wet room
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), within the restaurant / cafe
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Facilities well signposted
See website for access statement.
- 53 numbered pitches
- Numbered pitch
- prices vary according to season and occupants. Please visit our website to confirm prices.
- Tents, Touring caravans, Motor homes, Hard standing, Grass, Electric hookup, Fresh water hookup, Drain hookup
- Prices (per touring pitch per night for one car and 2 people)
- Various prices for touring caravans and motor caravans.
No advanced reservations are taken for camping.
Please ring for prices or view web site.