Sailing at One Education Outdoors
We are a recognised Dinghy Training Centre with the RYA and Sailability, with specialist equipment and dingies to provide an inclusive sailing experience. Our private accessible boathouse is in a prime location on Windermere, with fantastic views and great facilities. We have a range of sailboats which includes two access boats and can deliver taster sessions or RYA accredited skills courses for individuals or groups.
Our Adventure Club runs from the boathouse throughout the school holidays and water based activities are available for 7 to 15 year olds. As usual all equipment is supplied check our website for details.
email a friend
VenueOne Education Outdoors
Ghyll Head, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 3LN
Map reference: SD 394928 Lat: 54.32714 Long: -2.93329
1. The Centre is situated on the eastern side of Lake Windermere, about three miles south of Bowness along the A592 to Newby Bridge.
2. The grid reference for the Centre is S.D. 394928
3. From the south, the easiest approach is to follow the M6 to junction 36 and then turn left onto the Kendal by-pass for the Lakes.
4. Turn left off the A591 at Windermere and down to Bowness.
5. Follow the A592 towards Newby Bridge, passing the Ferry turn-off and Storrs Hall Hotel.
6. After the hotel the road rises well above the level of the lake and after half a mile passes a road junction on a sharp bend.
7. Three hundred metres beyond that is a minor road junction marked by a red post box and the sign "Cartmel Fell - Fell Road Only" and "GHOEC" .
8. Turn up this minor road and, in 250 metres on the right, the top drive entrance to the Centre is reached.
9. Private cars should enter only by the top drive.
10. Coaches need to be parked on the main road as the minor road is too narrow to allow turning.
11. If you see the Beech Hill Hotel on your right-hand side, you have missed the road junction and must retrace your route for a half mile.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Windermere station