Sticklebarn at Sticklebarn (National Trust)
Nestled at the feet of Langdale's soaring pikes you'll find the Sticklebarn, a National Trust run country pub offering real ale, good wine and great food right in the heart of the Lake District.
The National Trust owns more than 60 pubs, but Sticklebarn is unique. We're running it ourselves to give you the tastiest local food and ales and we make sure that every penny we make goes back into looking after this magnificent valley.
Our new menu features some of the very best local dishes, packed full of fresh ingredients from the farms nearby. Visitors can find a comfy corner to try the likes of our Cumbrian tatty pot or the Stickleburger, made with 100% Langdale beef from the farm next door.
So why not find yourself a spot by the crackling fire or a sunny spot on the terrace and take the time to relax while you soak up the views after a hard day on the fells. Dogs and muddy boots are always welcome.
Come and visit, you'll be drinking for charity, Trust us.
Open all the time
Real ale, good wine and really tasty local food.
email a friend
VenueSticklebarn (National Trust)
Great Langdale, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 9JU
Map reference: NY 292063 Lat: 54.44730 Long: -3.09184
Follow the A593 from Ambleside to Skelwith Bridge, then take the B543 to Great Langdale.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport :
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Mon 27 May 2013||Pike of Blisco Guided Walk|
|Wed 31 Jul 2013||Langdale Pikes Guided Walk|
|Mon 26 Aug 2013||Bowfell & Esk Pike Guided Walk|
|Wed 30 Oct 2013||Skywatch|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (ie without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu