Search availability for Ghyll Burn Cottage and book online
Availability updated on 17 Sep 14 at 16:02
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Double and twin bedroom and bathroom on ground floor, lounge, kitchen/diner on the first floor. Sofa bed sleeps 2. Cot and high chair available.
- Prices (per unit per night)
- Weekly price is 5 x daily price
This cosy cottage has been renovated to a high standard yet retains it's old world charm with wooden beams and an old stairway turret with a slit window. Converted from original buildings dating back to a time when the people lived upstairs and the animals in byres underneath.
It nestles in a secluded valley within a specialist Alpine plant nursery, just over a mile from Alston. It is an ideal base for walking, cycling, and touring, watching wildlife or just relaxing. The Pennine way footpath and C2C cycle route pass nearby.
Roe deer may wander by, the red squirrel may be seen in the tall trees or on the nut feeder as well as many species of birds nesting and visiting.
Entrance steps lead to a kitchen, diner and a large lounge with wood-burning stove. Downstairs are a double room, a twin bedded room and bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath with over-bath shower. In the lounge a sofa bed makes a further double bed and there is a WC and wash basin on this level.
A cot and high chair are available on request.
Oil-fired central heating and electricity are included in the tariff.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 9Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
04 September 2014
“Great cottage in lovely location”
A very well equipped cottage in a lovely setting. Yes the access is tricky up a rutted drive / through a ford and the steps present access issues for older visitors but once inside it is a very pleasant experience with everything you need in place. the wildlife in the garden is a delight, especially the red squirrels and it is so handily placed for visits to Kielder, the Roman Wall, the Lakes and Teesdale so plenty to do. The hosts are very friendly / welcoming and helpful - even feeding the squirrels daily to ensure that you see them. Lovely place.
Reply from Ghyll Burn Cottageat 06/09/2014 12:35:26
We are arranging for an additional handrail to be fitted to the external steps to assist with access. We are pleased you enjoyed the wildlife as much as we do.