Search availability for Ghyll Burn Cottage and book online
Availability updated on 26 Aug 14 at 20:36
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Double and twin bedroom and bathroom on ground floor, lounge, kitchen/diner on the first floor. Sofa bed sleeps 2. Cot and high chair available.
- Prices (per unit per night)
- Weekly price is 5 x daily price
01434 381372 /381428
Hartside Nursery Garden,
This cosy cottage has been renovated to a high standard yet retains it's old world charm with wooden beams and an old stairway turret with a slit window. Converted from original buildings dating back to a time when the people lived upstairs and the animals in byres underneath.
It nestles in a secluded valley within a specialist Alpine plant nursery, just over a mile from Alston. It is an ideal base for walking, cycling, and touring, watching wildlife or just relaxing. The Pennine way footpath and C2C cycle route pass nearby.
Roe deer may wander by, the red squirrel may be seen in the tall trees or on the nut feeder as well as many species of birds nesting and visiting.
Entrance steps lead to a kitchen, diner and a large lounge with wood-burning stove. Downstairs are a double room, a twin bedded room and bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath with over-bath shower. In the lounge a sofa bed makes a further double bed and there is a WC and wash basin on this level.
A cot and high chair are available on request.
Oil-fired central heating and electricity are included in the tariff.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 9Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
27 August 2014
“Fantastic cottage, lots of history”
This cottage is very spotlessly clean and in a perfect location for walking and wildlife. It is a very old cottage and has lots of history behind it. The owners were very helpful and kind, bringing us logs for the log burner on a cold night was very thoughtful. The cottage has everything you need for a pleasant stay and is not a far walk from the local town of Alston, where there are plenty of lovely pubs and cafes to eat and enjoy a drink. We will be returning next year.