Search availability for Ghyll Burn Cottage and book online
Availability updated on 5 May 16 at 20:14
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Double and twin bedroom and bathroom on ground floor, lounge, kitchen/diner on the first floor. Sofa bed sleeps 2. Cot and high chair available.
- Prices (per unit per night)
- Weekly price is 5 x daily price
Hartside Nursery Garden,
This cosy cottage has been renovated to a high standard yet retains it's old world charm with wooden beams and an old stairway turret with a slit window. Converted from original buildings dating back to a time when the people lived upstairs and the animals in byres underneath.
It nestles in a secluded valley within a specialist Alpine plant nursery, just over a mile from Alston. It is an ideal base for walking, cycling, and touring, watching wildlife or just relaxing. The Pennine way footpath and C2C cycle route pass nearby.
Roe deer may wander by, the red squirrel may be seen in the tall trees or on the nut feeder as well as many species of birds nesting and visiting.
Entrance steps lead to a kitchen, diner and a large lounge with wood-burning stove. Downstairs are a double room, a twin bedded room and bathroom with WC, wash basin and bath with over-bath shower. In the lounge a sofa bed makes a further double bed and there is a WC and wash basin on this level.
A cot and high chair are available on request.
Oil-fired central heating and electricity are included in the tariff.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 9Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)