Search availability for Carrock Cottages and book online
|Book through GoLakes||OCT
Availability updated on 21 Oct 14 at 08:16
Holly Cottage Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Two double bedrooms, bedroom 1 double with full en suite, bedroom 2 twin beds with full ensuite. Large first floor lounge with 50" plasma Sky TV, wood burning stove. Underfloor heating throughout. Sitting area on large landing with views to south. Fully fitted kitchen/dining on ground floor, separate wc. Garden.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Spa bath, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
Great Carrock Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 10+1
- Fully Refurbished in 2012. 5 Bedrooms, 1 x king bedded en suite, 1 x twin bedded en suite, 1 x twin bedded, 1 x king bedded, luxury bathroom,1 shower room with toilet downstairs, large living/dining room, fully fitted kitchen, living room with sofa bed to accommodate 11th person. 2 x wood burning stoves, underfloor heating throughout. Flat screen TVs x 2.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
Carrock House, How Hill,
Carrock Cottages are the ideal holiday location for couples, families and larger groups. Whether you are looking for a base to tour the beautiful English Lake District or a quiet rural location to relax in.
With spectacular views towards Blencathra, Carrock Fell, High Pike and the Northern Fells, Carrock Cottages enjoy a peaceful location but with the Lake District, Eden Valley, North Pennines, Hadrian's Wall and the Scottish Borders all within easy reach of us.
Totally refurbished in 2012 - two luxury Cottages with character with oak beams and wood burning stoves. Under floor heating throughout. Fully fitted kitchens and luxury bathrooms. Our cottages are 5 Star Rated and have Enjoy England Gold Award for quality of accommodation and customer service.
We have our own small fold of Highland cattle.
We accommodate children of all age groups, cots and high chairs can be provided. Our on site games room has a pool table and table tennis.
Dogs very welcome
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Euros accepted
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Evening meals
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Working farm
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Games room onsite
- Ironing facilities
- Children's outdoor play area
Secure storage for bicylcles and wet room for walkers. Children welcome from any age.
NY 391360 54.71531 -2.94684
From M6 jct 41, take B5305 travel for approximately 8 miles and turn left into Lamonby Village. Through the village take the first right at the first crossroads. Carrock Cottages are on your left 800 metres after the wishing well.
Dorset, United Kingdom
23 September 2014
“cosy but disappointed with facilities ”
Holly cottage was cosy but not to the standard I have come to expect of a gold award. The overall facilities are good but let down badly by the smaller details for example having only four dinner plates, mugs, and cutlery meant we had to use the dishwasher after each meal not very environmentally friendly. The washing machine worked well but without a wash line or tumble drier it meant drying indoors (which took three days for the baby clothes). A patio was being laid outside the cottage which meant we could not use this space and the picnic table was rotten with exposed nails.
The description says WiFi BUT don't believe that for one moment, we could only get it just behind the sofa and holding the device in the air. Nine times out of ten even this failed and as it is a mobile phone black spot keeping in touch with elderly family members was tasking.
I could go on and on as I said it is the fine details but these make a holiday.
Reply from Carrock Cottagesat 24/09/2014 16:06:35
Sorry you were not totally happy with the Cottage. We apologise for the disruption caused by the laying of the patio but as I informed you this was out of our control as the Contractors turned up late. You did tell us that it was not a problem as you were going to be out during the day. The patio was finished on the Wednesday and now has new patio furniture. There is a sitting area with seating to the side of the cottage on the main lawn. There is full Wifi in the Cottage, if you had a problem you did not tell us for us to resolve the problem. Subsequent guests have had no problems. There is a telephone in the Cottage with full outside line which is free of charge. The Cottage is a 4 person unit with regards to crockery etc. More crockery could have been supplied on request. We did have contact with yourselves most days and never once was an issued raised about the Cottage. Once again we are sorry that you were not totally satisfied