Search availability for Carrock Cottages and book online
|Book through GoLakes||SEP
Availability updated on 29 Jul 14 at 08:10
Holly Cottage Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Two double bedrooms, bedroom 1 double with full en suite, bedroom 2 twin beds with full ensuite. Large first floor lounge with 50" plasma Sky TV, wood burning stove. Underfloor heating throughout. Sitting area on large landing with views to south. Fully fitted kitchen/dining on ground floor, separate wc. Garden.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Spa bath, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
Great Carrock Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 10+1
- Fully Refurbished in 2012. 5 Bedrooms, 1 x king bedded en suite, 1 x twin bedded en suite, 1 x twin bedded, 1 x king bedded, luxury bathroom,1 shower room with toilet downstairs, large living/dining room, fully fitted kitchen, living room with sofa bed to accommodate 11th person. 2 x wood burning stoves, underfloor heating throughout. Flat screen TVs x 2.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
Carrock House, How Hill,
Carrock Cottages are the ideal holiday location for couples, families and larger groups. Whether you are looking for a base to tour the beautiful English Lake District or a quiet rural location to relax in.
With spectacular views towards Blencathra, Carrock Fell, High Pike and the Northern Fells, Carrock Cottages enjoy a peaceful location but with the Lake District, Eden Valley, North Pennines, Hadrian's Wall and the Scottish Borders all within easy reach of us.
Totally refurbished in 2012 - two luxury Cottages with character with oak beams and wood burning stoves. Under floor heating throughout. Fully fitted kitchens and luxury bathrooms. Our cottages are 5 Star Rated and have Enjoy England Gold Award for quality of accommodation and customer service.
We have our own small fold of Highland cattle.
We accommodate children of all age groups, cots and high chairs can be provided. Our on site games room has a pool table and table tennis.
Dogs very welcome
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Euros accepted
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Evening meals
- Snooker/billiards/pool onsite
- Working farm
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Satellite TV
- Games room onsite
- Ironing facilities
- Children's outdoor play area
Secure storage for bicylcles and wet room for walkers. Children welcome from any age.
NY 391360 54.71531 -2.94684
From M6 jct 41, take B5305 travel for approximately 8 miles and turn left into Lamonby Village. Through the village take the first right at the first crossroads. Carrock Cottages are on your left 800 metres after the wishing well.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
20 August 2014
“Beautifully situated well equipped cottage”
This is a well equipped cottage and overall our party of 10 enjoyed the week.
Little niggles were the shower in the family bathroom and the light in the double en suite which were not working on arrival. The light was fixed straight away but we were a few days without the shower.
It was a cold week while we were there and we could have done with some heating at night upstairs but we were told this was not accessible. We were able to light the wood burning stove downstairs but a point to note is that many of the logs provided would not fit into the stove!
We had an issue with a smoke alarm beeping which had us all up at 5am one morning. This was obviously reported and was thought to have been sorted but unfortunately the following evening it began again. Judith kindly came out with someone and removed all the alarms so that we could have a peaceful night; the alarms were replaced the next day and we had no further problem with them.
Also we had hoped to use the BBQ (we had one good evening the day after arrival!) but when we opened it up we found a gas connector even though the website says to bring your own coals. Not being sure we decided to play safe and not use it. It being Saturday there was no-one to ask and we thought it didn't constitute an emergency! The BBQ itself was also dirty and greasy so we would have had to clean it before use.
I know this sounds like a litany of complaints but it was a build up of niggles.
Great Carrock cottage is well equipped, spacious with lovely modern bathrooms. We were a party of 5 adults and 5 children and there was plenty of room for us all. It is in a beautiful but fairly remote situation but we knew that and it wasn't an issue for us. We had a lovely walk in Greystoke forest one morning and saw plenty of the surrounding countryside.
A special mention goes to the Boot and Shoe in Greystoke village, we had a lovely welcome there and a fantastic meal.