Braithwaite - Whinlatter Pass - Loweswater - Ennerdale - Calder Bridge - Cold Fell Summit - Gosforth
Covering 112 miles, and the most famous passes of the Lake District, the 4 Seasons Fred Whitton Bike Tour follows the annual sportive route but can be completed 365 days a year at your own pace. It's a fantastic opportunity for individuals, groups and clubs to complete one of the most challenging cycling routes in the country, over one or more days, and to get an official finish time on the Fred Whitton website.
Visit www.golakes.co.uk/4seasonsfred to download the map and route
1. Leave Braithwaite over Whinlatter Pass and then take the 3rd left through Lorton and left onto the B5289 to Loweswater.
2. Turn left again (signposted Ennerdale).
3. Turn left (signposted Ennerdale and Croasdale), then right towards Ennerdale Bridge.
4. Turn left towards Whitehaven and left again towards Calder Bridge and on to Cold Fell Summit (290m).
5. Pass Calder Bridge Village Hall and turn left onto the A595 to Gosforth.
|Time/Effort:||5 out of 5|
|Navigation:||3 out of 5|
|Technicality:||3 out of 5|
- Start point: (near Keswick)