transforming travel in the lake district national park...
Drive less see more
Lets look after the Lake District
Leave the car behind and you’ll find there are so many ways to discover the Lake District.
- Over 16 bus routes linking some of the most popular locations across central and south lakes
- Conveniently located bus stops make it a hop skip and a jump to some of your favourite attractions such as the World of Beatrix Potter, Windermere Lake Cruises, Dove Cottage, Brockhole Visitor Centre and The Aquarium of the Lakes
- Some of the best cycling in the country is fantastically enhanced by our network of
- 5 cycle hire points
- 7 bike repair workshops
- 12 electric bike hire points and
- over 30 electric bike charge points!
Relax on one of the region’s famous lakes’ vessels and enjoy fantastic views while the skipper takes the strain, or link your cross county bus journey with a ferry trip across Windermere
And don’t forget the train! Rail links between Oxenholme and Windermere mean you can reach the heart of the lakes in minutes, and everybody gets to enjoy the view! Or hop on the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway to link up with a Windermere lake cruise.
So by going car free, you can
- See and enjoy more, nobody has to drive!
- Have a really memorable break, easy itineraries from accommodation to top visitor attractions and stunning views
- Help look after the Lake District, you can make a difference to less noise, congestion and pollution in this beautiful corner of the country. Help protect the environment for you and future generations