Low Sizergh Farm Trail at Low Sizergh Barn
There is a huge variety of plant, animal and bird life here at Low Sizergh, which is ever changing with the seasons and co-exists with the livestock.
As you walk the trail, which is just under 2 miles, you’ll learn more about how our environmental stewardship principles are put into practice around this beautiful farm.
The farm trail map, the trail itself and Brian's nature notes on what to spot each month are free of charge.
email a friend
VenueLow Sizergh Barn
Low Sizergh Farm, Sizergh, Kendal, Cumbria, LA8 8AE
Map reference: SD 498878 Lat: 54.28334 Long: -2.77255
Four miles south of Kendal on the A591; 4 miles from jct 36 off the M6, follow the brown signs for Sizergh Castle and then Low Sizergh Barn.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Oxenholme station
Golakes Wild Zone
- Barkbooth Lot Nature Reserve
- Dob Ghyll
- Garden at Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre
- Lakes Aquarium
- Low Sizergh Barn
- Muncaster Gardens at Muncaster Castle
- Muncaster Meadowvole Maze at Muncaster Castle
- Muncaster World Owl Centre at Muncaster Castle
- RSPB Leighton Moss Nature Reserve
- Scandal Back at Smardale Gill Nature Reserve
- South Walney Nature Reserve
- Surprise View
- Ullswater Steamers