Cafe at Askham Hall and Gardens
Kitchen Garden Café
Visit our lovely café for morning coffee, a light lunch or afternoon tea. You can relax in front of our log burning stove or enjoy the sunshine in our secluded garden. During spring and summer (peak times only) you can enjoy a pizza from our wood-fired oven and our homemade ice creams.
Admission to gardens: £5 for adults, accompanied children under 12 free entry.
You do not need to pay garden entry to visit the animals and café.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||The gardens and café are open all year round: every day 10.00 - 17.00 from Easter until October half term and Thursdays - Sundays, 11.00 - 16.00 for the rest of the year.|
ContactAskham Hall & Gardens
01931 712 348
email a friend
VenueAskham Hall and Gardens
Askham, Penrith, Cumbria, CA10 2PF
Map reference: NY 514237 Lat: 54.60612 Long: -2.75388
Just three miles from junction 40 of the M6 and Penrith in Askham village - turn off the A6 (just after you cross over the motorway) towards Askham passing the front of Lowther Castle and after the cattle grid Lowther Church will be on your right. Continue over the bridge and Askham Hall entrance (clearly signed) will be on your right.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Penrith station
Our animal viewing area and secret wooded garden trails makes it great for kids.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Baby changing facilities
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility