Trout Farm Shop at Trout Fishing Hawkshead
Esthwaite Water is the largest stocked lake in the North West of England, offering renowned top of the water action in true loch style, set amidst breathtaking scenery. Tuition available.
Esthwaite Water is a varied fishery with deep basins and shallow bays. It is a glacial lake set in the Silurian hills of the Lake District. The lake is stocked weekly during the season.
• Bank, Row and Motor Boat fishing (own boat or hire).
• Tackle hire and large onsite tackle shop.
• Fishing tuition.
• Farm shop and fish sales.
• Lake size 280 acres.
• Largest rainbow trout 16lb 3oz.
• Largest brown trout 10lb 13oz.
• Largest pike 39lb 8oz.
• North Basin from boats Fly Only.
• South Basin Any method i.e. fly, spinner, worm.
• Pike by deadbait and Lures.
• Main insect species chironomids, damsels and sedge.
• Main fry species: roach and perch.
• Fly only zone, in boat, in North basin March to October
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Open dawn to dusk.|
email a friend
VenueTrout Fishing Hawkshead
The Boathouse, Hawkshead, Ambleside, Cumbria, LA22 0QF
Map reference: SD 358959 Lat: 54.35498 Long: -2.98900
From the M6 junction 36 head West, take the first left and head towards Barrow in Furness on the A590. After 12 miles at Newby Bridge take the second on the right to Lakeside and Hawkshead. After 6 miles the road follows the South West shore of Esthwaite Water. You will see the Boathouse on the right hand side of the road. If it helps follow the brown fish signs.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 6 miles (9.7 kms) from Windermere station