The Wilsons Arms
The Wilsons Arms is family owned Country Inn and Restaurant in the village of Torver. Enjoy a warm welcome and indulge in our home cooking.
Start your day with a large Cumbrian breakfast before venturing out to Hawkshead or Bowness-on-Windermere, Grasmere or Wastwater. You can walk to the shores of Coniston Water through beautiful woodland with it's Red Squirrels and wild Deer, then take the passenger ferry to Coniston (don't miss the Ruskin Museum) and Brantwood.
Dine in comfort in the beautifully decorated bar or the secluded dining room: treat your loved one to a romantic candlelit dinner. Try some locally made sausage and fell-reared lamb. Treat yourselves to the extensive sweet menu before relaxing for the evening with your choice of drinks.
Explore the countryside and walk the extensive fells and climb the magnificent mountains. With so much to see it is a must to come and stay with us. After your adventures of the day are over, you can retire to your room, all being en suite and all having TV and tea/coffee making facilities.
Open all the time
email a friend
VenueThe Wilsons Arms
Torver, Coniston, Cumbria, LA21 8BB
Map reference: SD 283941 Lat: 54.33738 Long: -3.10424
From A590 approx 12 miles from Greenodd.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 20 miles (32.2 kms) from Ulverston station
Also at this venue
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to restaurant / cafe
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by ramp or lift to the toilets
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Restaurant / cafe provide meals for visitors with special dietary requirements:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliacs)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Nut free
- Restaurant / café well lit and suitable for people with sight impairments
- Seating suitable for wheelchair users, ie moveable and good height for person sitting in a wheelchair
- High chairs for children
- Children's menu
- Audible alarm system