Sports Centre at Lakes Leisure Ulverston
Lakes Leisure, Priory Road, Ulverston has something to offer whatever the weather. Our 25m swimming pool has a variety of public swim and fun sessions running throughout the year as well as extra sessions during school holidays. We also have an 18-station fitzone gym with fitness classes for adults and children.
Lakes Leisure Ulverston has the largest indoor and outdoor tennis centre in Cumbria, why not hire a court and challenge your friends and family to a game? Prices are peak and off-peak with special junior rates and offers throughout the year. No racket?, no problem, all equipment is available at the centres.
Our newly re-surfaced astro-turf pitch is ideal for 5-a-side football, hockey and other outdoor sports. You can book the pitch for any activity or perhaps take part in our organised holiday activities such as football coaching or fun sports.
Crown green bowling completes the outdoor centre so if the weather is fine come and enjoy a game of bowls. Contact us for prices and special offers.
Please call for price details as prices vary.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||As for timetables and activitiy start and finish times. Tennis centre opening times differ. Not open on bank holidays.|
email a friend
VenueLakes Leisure Ulverston
Priory Road, Ulverston, Cumbria, LA12 9HT
Map reference: SD 292771 Lat: 54.18475 Long: -3.08638
Exit M6 jct 36 onto A590, Barrow/Kendal, take first exit at roundabout to continue on A590, follow signs for Ulverston and leisure centre on Priory Road.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from Ulverson station
Great activities on offer for the whole family at good value prices.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to entrance
- Handrail by ramp
- Entrance is well lit
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system
- Visual alarm system