The Pottery & Studio Gallery at Greenlands Farm Village
Nestled at Greenlands Farm Village, with its open farm and artisan retailers, Wyn Abbot's studio gallery is a treat for arts and crafts lovers of all ages. Children and adults alike can watch Wyn at work, take home one of her award-winning pieces, or try their hand at making their own pot or sculpture.
Wyn describes herself as a sculptor and ceramic artist, influenced by ancient cultures and their mythologies. She uses both modern and ancient techniques including the time honoured and distinctive looking Japanese Raku process. Wyn says that in the end her work, which is mainly figurative, takes on a life of its own. "Customers do say my work has a 'presence' in their homes - and I love that because each piece I create is very important to me and so I want it to be important to them also."
Wyn recently won recognition in a highly prestigious national competition. Wyn received the Select Finalist Award, which is based on online public votes. She was praised for her creativity, craftsmanship and commitment to excellence.
If all that inspires you, visit the Greenlands website for details on Wyn's courses, workshops and drop in sessions, suitable for children and adults, experienced and novice.
email a friend
VenueGreenlands Farm Village
Tewitfield, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 1JH
Map reference: SD 518736 Lat: 54.15594 Long: -2.73955
From M6 jct 35, head towards Milnthorpe on A6. At second roundabout take A6070 to Burton-in-Kendal, 0.5 mile on the left.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Carnforth station
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 25 - Mon 27 May 2013||Traditional Sports Weekend|
|Mon 27 - Fri 31 May 2013||Half Term Little Farmers Needed|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system