Greenlands Farm Village
We're all about bringing people together to enjoy some of life's simple pleasures, whatever the weather. Everyone can enjoy the hands-on fun of our open farm, our indoor soft play area and the pleasures of our artisan village.
On our open farm you can pat farm animals, ride a horse and trap, pedal a mini tractor, lark about in a straw play barn and, should the sun be shining, picnic by the paddocks (but don't worry if it is raining - much of Greenlands is undercover).
The PlayBarn is a soft, safe and exciting place for kids to let off some steam. Children of all ages love our fantastic flying fox swing, wonderfully bumpy four-lane slide, aerial rope bridge, huge scramble net, and super squeezy rollers.
In our artisan village you can meet talented crafts people in their studios, buy award-winning regional produce in our farm shop, savour home cooked, locally sourced fayre in our cafe, or simply relax with a fresh brew while the kids revel in a soft play centre. You can also browse through a hand-selected range of distinctive toys, books, clothes, soaps and skincare, plants and wines.
All this is the vision of Roger Mason who turned his traditional family farm into what you can see today. So come, explore and enjoy some of life's special, simple pleasures.
To find us key 'Tewitifield' into your sat-nav, we're five minutes from junction 35 on the M6. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Entry to the artisan village is free, the Open Farm is £5 per person, £15 for a family of four people; school and group bookings are invited to call the office to arrange a discounted rate.
email a friend
VenueGreenlands Farm Village
Tewitfield, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 1JH
Map reference: SD 518736 Lat: 54.15594 Long: -2.73955
From M6 jct 35, head towards Milnthorpe on A6. At second roundabout take A6070 to Burton-in-Kendal, 0.5 mile on the left.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Carnforth station
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 25 - Mon 27 May 2013||Traditional Sports Weekend|
|Mon 27 - Fri 31 May 2013||Half Term Little Farmers Needed|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system