Open Farm at Greenlands Farm Village
You can meet, pat, groom and even feed our farm animals, from towering alpacas to tiny pygmy goat kids. You can also get up close and personal with our farm pets, from cute mice to super fluffy rabbits. All in all we are home to more than 120 animals, some of which are unusual rare breeds rarely seen.
Wander around and you'll see there is lots more to enjoy. There are mini tractors to pedal and go karts to race, a play barn strewn with sweet smelling straw to run around in and a wooden adventure fort where children can climb, clamber, swing high, slide down and hide under.
Should the sun grace us with her rays, there's a picnic patch by the paddocks, just the thing for an alfresco lunch.
Come and visit us and enjoy a wonderful, hands-on day out, whatever the weather.
£5 per person, £15 per family of 4 persons.
School and group bookings should call the office and arrange a discounted rate.
email a friend
VenueGreenlands Farm Village
Tewitfield, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 1JH
Map reference: SD 518736 Lat: 54.15594 Long: -2.73955
From M6 jct 35, head towards Milnthorpe on A6. At second roundabout take A6070 to Burton-in-Kendal, 0.5 mile on the left.
Parking : free
Accessible by Public Transport : 4 miles (6.4 kms) from Carnforth station
Also at this venue
Events at this venue
|Sat 25 - Mon 27 May 2013||Traditional Sports Weekend|
|Mon 27 - Fri 31 May 2013||Half Term Little Farmers Needed|
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is gravel
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has a ramp
- Ramp to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- To the gift shop
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Lift equipped with raised floor numbers or braille numbers or letters
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system