Sailing at Lakes Leisure Windermere
We offer introductory sessions on the lake in canoeing, kayaking, windsurfing and sailing. We also have longer courses leading to awards and accreditations from the BCU/RYA, contact the centre for details.
Our fully qualified instructors will teach you all you need to know and ensure you have a brilliant time exploring the lake Windermere.
On holiday? Check out our Splash Activity days for ages 7-15! Only £50 per day, scheduled every school holiday! visit www.lakesleisure.org.uk/windermere
If you prefer to stay on dry land, why not try rock climbing, navigation, orienteering or nordic walking.
Contact the centre for special group discount rates and party bookings.
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Notes||Open seasonally April - September|
email a friend
VenueLakes Leisure Windermere
Rayrigg Road, Windermere, Cumbria, LA23 1BP
Map reference: SD 403984 Lat: 54.37757 Long: -2.92057
Exit M6 jct 36, follow the A591 to Windermere. Take a left onto A592, Rayrigg Road and continue for 1 mile, centre ont he left-hand side.
Parking : free
Nearest station : 1 mile (1.6 kms) from Windermere station
Ideal for family watersports sessions and group introductory watersports whilst on your holidays.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Contrast markings on clear surfaces such as glass doors
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Clear signage
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Good colour/tonal contrast for visually impaired visitors
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Audible alarm system