Search availability for Isaac's Byre and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAY
Availability updated on 6 May 16 at 13:39
Isaac's Byre Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- 3 bedrooms: 1 twin, 1 double and 1 twin/super-king. There are fitted hand rails to the WC & bath.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Scenic view, King-sized bed, Ground floor bedroom, Elderly and less mobile, Part-time wheelchair users
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- All linen, fuel included. Pets - 2 well behaved dogs free.
- Pet/Dog +£0 per night.
Isaac's Byre is a lovingly restored barn conversion which sleeps 6 in comfort in 3 bedrooms with 3 bath/shower rooms.
Situated in a quiet hamlet overlooking the picturesque South Tyne valley: the cottage is a welcoming home from home with open plan living in a light and airy room. It was converted from a barn in 2011 and is an ideal place for walking and cycling. For those who would rather experience the countryside from the comfort of a cottage it has French doors which open onto a patio giving great views of bird and wildlife plus the owners hens. Next door are two pet pigs, sheep and ducks.
Ground floor bedroom has twin zip and link beds which can be a super king size, bathroom. There are three steps/ramp to open plan living room/kitchen with range cooker, Sky TV and DVD available. There is a boot room too for muddy walking boots and drying facilities. First floor has twin room with adjoining shower and WC, a double room with ensuite shower and WC.
All fuel, Wi-Fi, telephone and linen included. Outside there is a bike storage, barbecue, patio furniture and parking for 2-3 cars.
There are wonderful views over North Pennines to enjoy. Plenty of walks and cycling from the doorstep. Only 10-15 min walk to pub, post office and store, swimming pool and sauna.
Ideal location if on C2C and Pennine Way, also near enough to visit Hadrians Wall and historical Carlisle and Durham, plus the Lake District National Park and Northumbria National Parks.
Families welcome, 2 cots and high chairs available, stair gates and children's crockery and cutlery. We have a huge cupboard full of games and also provide reading material for adults and children. Children's activity sheets provided.
2 well behaved dogs welcome.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Cycles for hire
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- DVD player
- CD player
- Euros accepted
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Swimming pool bookable by the hour (0.25 mile). Pub serving real ales and food - 0.25 mile. River fishing (during fishing season), need to purchase license - 0.25 mile. Cycle storage available. Golf - 3 miles. Post Office, general store and children's play park - 0.25 mile. Children welcome from any age.
NY 747417 54.76958 -2.39475
Directions: From A686: When in Alston turn onto A689/Front Street. Drive up cobbled street. After cobbles continue onto B6277 sign posted barnard castle/ Middleton in Tessdale. Staying on this road continue for around 4 miles (do not take turnings to Garrigill). After the crossroads for Nenthead and Garrigill continue for approx 0.2miles. Turn right into Loaning Head. Follow this road for 0.2 miles, house is ahead of you. The owners house is next door with the Loaning Head name plate.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Euxton, United Kingdom
06 November 2012
“Excellent property and fabulous countryside”
The property was spotlessly clean, modern and extremely well equipped. There was tea, coffee and home made biscuits on arrival with the owners own chicken's eggs for breakfast. All items such as soap, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs, loo roll, free wifi, were provided. All Fuel for the wood burner was also provided free of charge. There were even towels and bags for the dog. The owners were very welcoming and helpful and the cottage is located amongst fabulous countryside with beautiful scenery and walks right from the door. We have stayed in a large number of cottages and would rate this as one of the best