Search availability for Wordsworth Barn and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
(Cottage sleeps up to 2)
Availability updated on 30 Jan 15 at 11:08
Wordsworth Barn Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 2
- One super-king size/twin bedroom, luxury bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle with a power shower. Open plan living area with 32" Freesat HD TV, Blu ray record, digital radio, Wi-Fi, CD and radio with USB port. Very well equipped kitchen/dinner. Oil central heating throughout, payphone. All fuel, gas, electricity, oil, bed linen and towels included. Cot and highchair available. Sorry no pets.
Changeover day Friday, except Christmas and New Year which may vary. Short Breaks, changeover day Friday or Monday.
Please note: - at line of enquiry your credit card details will be required to secure your booking only and payment will not be taken by credit card as Wordswroth Barn does not accept card payments. Please arrange payment directly with Wordsworth Barn.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, King-sized bed, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Please note: - at line of enquiry your credit card details will be required to secure your booking only and payment will not be taken by credit card as Wordswroth Barn does not accept card payments. Please arrange payment directly with Wordsworth Barn.
A luxury 5 star, 17thC barn conversion, sleeping 2 + cot. Renovated to a high standard retaining its original character with oak beams, but with a contemporary twist, offering spacious boutique accommodation using local materials, such as slate floors, Herdwick wool carpets, and art from the area. Large open plan living area incorporating a lounge with sumptuous soft furnishings, a contemporary log effect real flame gas fire. Wi-Fi, 32" freesat HD TV, Blu ray record, stereo with USB port. The well fitted modern kitchen has black gloss and brushed stainless steel units and a dining area. Door opening on to high level private patio overlooking the rear garden. Super-king size/twin bedroom with superb views down the valley through a feature coloured glass window and freesat TV. Luxury bathroom with bath and separate shower cubical with power shower.
Idyllically located in a quiet position nestled at the foot of Place Fell, within walking distance from the local amenities and pub of the picturesque village of Patterdale and only a mile from the shores of Ullswater.
The area has lots to offer, activities such as sailing, cycling, horse riding, country pursuits and outdoor adventure activities are all available locally, and of course excellent walking for all abilities from the front door, with the towering Helvellyn visible from the property and the start of the High Street range just around the corner.
Patterdale is a popular base for touring the Lakes. Surrounded by Penrith, Keswick, Windermere and Ambleside all within a 30-minute drive. Attractions in the area include Dalemain House, Aira Force arboretum and falls, the Kirkstone Pass and Rheged.
Once owned by the well-known poet William Wordsworth this stylish cottage is the perfect retreat for romantic breaks; relaxing holiday’s and out of season short breaks in quality accommodation.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Satellite TV
- Building of historical interest
- Telephone (public)
- Ironing facilities
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
All fuel, (gas, electricity and oil), bed linen, towels and complimentary toiletries provided. Cot and high chair available. Outside: Off road parking for 1 vehicle (2nd space may be available on request). Front patio with seating, planted with cottage flowers, rear lawned garden - well maintained & established, planted with shrubs and borders, seating and barbeque areas. Children welcome from age 16.
NY 400160 54.53568 -2.92877
Patterdale is located at the southern tip of Ullswater. Leave the M6 jct 40 and head west on the A66 signposted Keswick. At the first roundabout, Rheged, turn left towards Ullswater A592. Follow this road for 15 miles, signs Ullswater and passing along the shores of the lake to Patterdale you will come to the White Lion on your left after 100 metres, take the road to your left over a bridge, Wordsworth Cottage and Barn are 350 metres up on your left.
There is a bus service from Penrith (108) that runs between Penrith railway station and Patterdale calling at Pooley Bridge and Glenridding, it runs throughout the year. Times vary with the season. To find the current times please call Traveline on 0870 6082608.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Carlisle, United Kingdom
25 June 2014
“thoroughly enjoyed our vacation at wordsworth barn”
this beautiful and historic cottage set in the most wonderful location of patterdale had everything we needed for an enjoyable 7 day vacation. also the owner was most welcoming and this helped us settle in very quickly. we certainly recommend this neat little retreat to any one who desires a taste of the English Lake District. Truly, a real breath of fresh air.