Search availability for Jasmine Cottage and book online
|Book through GoLakes||SEP
Availability updated on 12 Sep 14 at 15:21
Jasmine Cottage Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Open-plan living/dining area. The master bedroom is a double en suite including luxurious corner bath with shower. The second twin-bedded room has its own shower and washbasin. There is an additional toilet off the main living area.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Ground floor bedroom, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Prices given are guide only. Actual price depends on number of people occupying property. Price includes heating, electricity and bed linen. Towels, dogs extra.
Jasmine Cottage is set in a peaceful village 3 miles from the market town of Keswick and is perfectly situated for exploring the Northern Lakes and fells. Converted from a 200-year-old farm building, it provides luxurious and cosy accommodation for up to 4 people, all on ground floor level. The open-plan living/dining area has large south facing windows, lovely oak beams, low ceilings and atmospheric down lighting. The focal point is a gas-fired, coal-effect rustic stove with oak beamed surround. French windows open onto a veranda with views towards the fells. The master bedroom is a double en suite including luxurious corner bath with shower. The second twin-bedded room has its own shower and washbasin. There is an additional toilet off the main living area. The pretty patio garden has a picnic table and 4 chairs with views towards Skiddaw. A barbecue and sun loungers are available during the summer. The garage houses a washing machine and larder freezer and provides safe storage for bikes or watersports equipment.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Central heating
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
Mountain and lake walks from the door. Watersports, cycle hire and tourist attractions in Keswick. Good pubs 1 mile. Electric shaver point. Totally non-smoking. Dogs welcome. Children welcome from any age.
NY 223253 54.61683 -3.20472
From M6 jct 40 follow A66 west towards Keswick, 2 miles past Keswick jct and a few 100 yds past the turning for Braithwaite, is a sign for Thronthwaite. Turn left of A66 following sign to Thornthwaite Gallery, Thornthwaite is 1 mile. Turn left up hill at sign for gallery. Jasmine Cottage is just before the gallery on the right. Nearest train station is Penrith.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
garden and veranda
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
Guest information is available in large print on request.
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Seamer, United Kingdom
02 October 2013
The cottage was beautifly appointed. Cosy and comfortable to come back to after a day out. It was spotlessly clean and beds and furniture very comfortable. The location was good, but no views from the cottage, as advertised. Not the fault of the owner, as the neighbours had grown a huge hedge round their property, so excluding the view.
The only comment I would like to make regarding the cottage was the shower facility for elderly people. My husband has artificial knees, and had difficulty in climbing into the bath to shower. He tried the shower in the twin bedroom, but as he is over six feet tall, had no room to bend to was his legs. The only other problem was that to dry our towels we had to get two garden chairs and hang the towels on them overnight.
Services and facilities, if you are regarding to a village store, there wasn't one. The nearest place we found to shop was Keswick.
I think that was partly our own fault, as we didn't approach the owner about this, and as she is prepared to help her visitors in any way she can, I am sure she would have solved the problem.