Visit Allonby & Aspatria
A little about Allonby & Aspatria:
• The ancient township of Aspatria (pronounced ‘Spi-atry' by locals) is now described as ‘milk town’.
• It has one of the most modern creameries in England on its doorstep, with several local outlaying farms supplying milk on a daily basis.
• A few miles west it the former fishing village Allonby.
• Allonby enjoys some beautiful far-reaching views over to Scotland and the Isle of Man.
• Its sand and shingle beach follows the edge of a wide crescent-shaped bay that is ideal for windsurfing and kite surfing.
• Behind the dunes and the ‘greens' is an assortment of grand Georgian architecture and humble fishermen's cottages, linked by narrow cobbled lanes and passageways.
|Fri 25 Apr||Megson at Kirkgate Centre|
|Thu 1 May||National Theatre Live: King Lear at Plaza Cinemas|
|Fri 9 - Thu 29 May||Buddy Holly & The Cricketers at The Wave Centre & Maryport TIC|