Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Over the past 20 years, more than eight million women have taken part in Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life, raising over £550 million to fund the charity’s life-saving work. But it does not stop there. In 2017 Cancer Research UK hopes that Race for Life will raise £50 million so that it can keep on fighting until cures for all 200 types of cancer, affecting men, women and children, are found.
Race for Life brings millions of women together to support our life-saving research. Just by signing up you’ll make a difference and whether you raise £10 or £200, every penny matters.
So which event is for you? The Race for Life events taking place in Bitts Park, Carlisle this year are a Pretty Muddy 5k, a 5k Race and a 10k Race.
Pretty Muddy 5k on Saturday 17 June
Race for Life Pretty Muddy is our brilliant obstacle course that sees women of all abilities crawl through tunnels, bounce on space hoppers and slip down mudslides. You must be over 13 to take place in this event.
Bring a change of clothes for after your event and a towel to wipe off the worst of the mud; remember there are no showers or lockers at Pretty Muddy events, but there will be a bag drop area.
5k Race on Sunday 18 June
Join us by taking part in a Race for Life 5k event. 5k is an achievable distance for all ages and abilities and you can run, walk or even dance your way round the course.
10k Race on Sunday 18 June
Up the challenge by taking part in a Race for Life 10k event. 10k is a great step up from our 5k events and you can walk, run or charge your way around the course.
Whichever event you choose and whether you do it in a tutu or just an old pink t-shirt, THIS IS BEATING CANCER.
|Sat 17 - Sun 18 Jun 2017|
For entry prices and details, visit the Race for Life website (see contact details).
- Coach parties accepted
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- On-site light refreshments
- Picnic site
- Public toilets
- Accepts groups
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- The surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- is solid
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- The route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift:
- From the entrance to reception / ticket area
- To a specially adapted public toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Baby changing facilities
- Visitor information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Seating available for visitors with limited mobility
- Effective lighting for visually impaired visitors
- Routes/pathways suitable for wheelchair users or visitors with limited mobility
- Displays at suitable height for wheelchair users / children
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to cafeteria
- Good contrast between the floor and walls