Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Irton Hall Guest Accommodation
12 August 2016
we wished we would have been informed for the festival, or had a room in the other side of the hotel, more quiet.
we didn't sleep well, and our baby nether. we had a hard night and a hard day the day after...
Irton Hall is a stunning holiday location with impressive history, set in the foothills of the Western fells of the Lake District between Wasdale and Eskdale. Parts of the magnificent hall, such as the Pele Tower, date from the 14th C.
Both Oliver Cromwell and Henry VI visited the hall, although it is reputed that Henry VI was refused entry and spent the night under the 1000 year old oak tree in front of the house, known as 'The King's Oak'. Surrounded by 19 acres of natural parkland where children can play to their hearts' content and guests may wander and explore the natural habitats of abundant wildlife in the grounds. A short drive will bring you to wide sandy beaches, the Eskdale miniature steam railway at Ravenglass and Muncaster Castle and Gardens which also house the unique International Owl Sanctuary. The Langdales are to the east, accessed via the Hard Knott Pass and Wrynose Pass, whilst Wasdale and Wastwater with their amazing views of Great Gable and Scafell Pike are 5 miles away. Ideally situated at the heart of the western Lake District, many lakes are within easy reach such as Ennerdale Water, Crummock Water and Buttermere, whether to stroll along the banks and watch the reflection of the drifting clouds in the Lakes, or expend some energy climbing the rugged hills to admire the stunning views from the top the choices are endless.
The historic port and marina of Whitehaven which hosts the Tall Ships Race every two years is 14 miles, with shops, restaurants, museums and many holiday activities. Shop, pub and restaurant 1 mile.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 105005 54.39209 -3.37986
Visiting Irton Hall by road, accessed via the A595 near Holmrook.
Visiting from the south
Leave the M6 at J36 follow signs for Lakes/ Windermere.Take exit off the A591 onto A590 following signs For Barrow. 3 Miles beyond Newby Bridge turn right onto the A5092. At Greenodd turn right onto the A595. Follow this road past Broughton in Furness then turn right at some traffic lights, just before the river Duddon. Follow this road to Ulpha, cross the river then take the next left, sign posted for Eskdale. Follow this road across Birker Moor, passing the King George IV pub on the left. Following this road into Eskdale Green. After Bower House take the left fork, at the end of this road turn right and the entrance to Irton Hall is on the left.
Visiting from the north
Leave the M6 at Carlisle follow signs for Cockermouth on the A595 then for Whitehaven, stay on the A595 until Holmrook, taking a small lane to Irtonon the left just after the Texaco garage on your right.
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Building of historical interest
- Disabled facilities
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Public toilet
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Baby changing facilities
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bath with support handrails available
- WCs with handrails available
- Bathroom with emergency call system available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair users
- Entrance well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities