Search availability for 6 Church Street and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAY
Availability updated on 26 May 15 at 12:27
6 Church Street Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- 2 bedrooms. 1 double and 1 twin.
- Bath, Non-smoking unit, Shower
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Bed linen, tea towels, bath mat, cot, high chair and parking permit are all included.
Towels, electricity and gas are not included.
High Hollin Bank,
6 Church Street,
This charming 17C Grade II listed traditional Lakeland cottage is situated in the heart of Ambleside. It is convenient for all local amenities including a good selection of shops and restaurants and is also an ideal base for walkers. The Fairfield Horseshoe starts within one mile of the cottage.
The cottage has the benefit of full gas central heating. There are two bedrooms, a snug sitting room/diner with an open fire and colour television and video recorder and a fully fitted kitchen including a dishwasher and microwave.
The small south west facing garden/sitting out area at the back of the cottage is a little sun trap. The nearest car parking area is about 50m from the cottage or there is one hour parking immediately outside the cottage.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- On street/public parking
- Ironing facilities
Outdoor south west facing patio with tables and chairs to rear. Children welcome from any age.
NY 376043 54.43028 -2.96338
Leave the M6 at jct 36 and then at the motorway roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A591, signposted Kendal and Barrow. Continue on the A591, sign posted Windermere for approximately 18 miles passing Staveley, Ings and Windermere turn offs on the way.
When entering Ambleside continue forward onto Lake Road A591. You will pass Hayes Garden Centre on your left. Continue to a BP garage on your right and follow the road sharply to the left. Your are now in the one way system. Keep in the right hand lane then turn right onto Rothay Road A593 (signposted Keswick, Grasmere A591) after about 300m.
Keep in the left hand lane then bear left onto Compston Road A593 (sign posted Keswick, Grasmere A591). At the traffic lights at the top of the hill turn right onto the Slack, you will shortly pass Barclays Bank on your left on a sharp corner. The road turns right onto St Marys Lane then turn right onto Church Street. 6 Church Street is on the right half way down the road.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Call system with flashing lights