Search availability for Hart Barn and book online
(Cottage sleeps up to 2)
Availability updated on 30 Jul 15 at 11:32
Hart Barn Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 2
- One king size bedroom.
- Bath, Non-smoking unit, King-sized bed, Shower, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Includes Egyptian cotton linen and towels. Central and under floor heating, logs for fire, flower arrangements, L'Occitane toiletries, Sky+HD with Movies, landline telephone calls, wi-fi and welcome pack.
c/o Grove Barn,
Hart Barn is a stylish contemporary retreat for two, spread over three floors with over 800 square feet of living space and gorgeous views.
The barn was painstakingly rebuilt in 2010/11 and has a vaulted green oak structure and double height living area plus the comforts of a 21st C home combined with the indulgence of a 5 star boutique hotel. Linking all three floors is the main feature of the house: a unique spiral staircase constructed from old oak railway sleepers and polished stainless steel. However it is the attention to detail and the owners desire to seek out and support local artists and crafts people which makes Hart Barn really special. The best of contemporary Cumbrian design coupled with the owners passion to restoring old buildings. The Perfect designers retreat in the heart of glorious Lakeland.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
Sky HDTV and with movies pack. Free local/national telephone calls.Logs for wooburner included. Tariff aslo includes Egyptain cotton linen & towels, L'Occitane toiletries and concierge-style service. Pub 1 mile, shop 2 miles, boat hire 3 miles, Ullswater Steamer Pier 3 miles. Walks from door.
NY 407130 54.50883 -2.91735
By car: A592 Kirkstone Pass road 10 miles north of Windermere, past Brotherswaters on left hand side and then right turn into the Hamlet of Hartsop.
By train/bus: To Windermere and then in the summer taken the 517 Kirkstone Rambler to Hartsop Road end.
The barn is in a shared courtyard up a rough track in the centre.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
01 April 2015
Hart Barn is in a beautiful unspoilt location, and the accommodation was extremely high spec, Helen and Richard the owners were extremely welcoming had thought of everything that you could possibly need. Am definately going to return.
Reply from Hart Barn at 4 Apr 2015
Thank-you Jackie, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and visited so many of the artists and craftspeople whose work features in the barn. We recommend the C-Art trail which runs in September and are happy to help plan your next visit and suggest studios and even courses that would add an extra dimension to your stay. We look forward to seeing you again.