Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
28 October 2015
“Absolutely fab loved it”
Would recommend this place to anyone. Staff are great. Location is lovely and peaceful and not far from everywhere you like to visit in the lakes. My husband is having chemo treatment and this short break really restored his spirits. Planning to go back in November. We stayed in Cedrus Lodge a great place to stay with all the amenities and comfort you need. Thank you Upvront Gallery for a wonderful stay. Planning to stay longer next time. ????
Barn Owl Cottage is a 17thC barn conversion within the grounds of Upfront Gallery and Coffee Shop. Great character with lots of exposed beams and stonework.
Upstairs lounge with views onto surrounding fields. Open-plan lounge, dining area and kitchen with laminate floor, under-floor heating and wood-burning stove. Downstairs there is a double bedroom and twin bedroom, plus bathroom. There is also a single bedroom upstairs.
The cottage has a private driveway and a fenced and gated private patio garden area with picnic bench and garden chairs.
Double doors from lounge open onto a sun balcony with seating for two and stairs leading to garden area.
Cedrus Lodge has been designed to have minimum impact on the environment. Constructed entirely from timber with cedar wood shingle roof and sheep's wool insulation. Rain water is collected and recycled to flush toilets. A large clerestory window along the roof ridge allows natural daylight to flood into the lodge for most of the day. There is full central heating throughout, although minimum energy is needed to heat the property. It is warm in winter and cool in the summer. The rear of the lodge has a private fenced and hedged garden with garden furniture and a large sun deck with uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside. There is a full length timber balcony to the front of the lodge with a wooden garden bench.
Children welcome from any age.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Real log/coal fires
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Bathrooms available that have been specially adapted for wheelchair user