Search availability for Broad Ing Cottage and book online
|Book through GoLakes||APR
Availability updated on 23 Apr 14 at 09:39
Broad Ing Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 6
- Large lounge with TV, DVD with freeview, video, music system and wood-burning stove. Large kitchen/diner fully equipped. Two double bedrooms and 1 twin. House bathroom with separate shower, bath and shaver point. Shower room and utility room with laundry facilities.
- Non-smoking unit, Bath, Shower, Scenic view, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- Payment accepted by - Paypal, Faster payment transfer, Bacs transfer - account details on request from the owner.
Cheque and cash payment also accepted.
During peak period - June, July and August, no short breaks allowed unless specifically agreed with the owner.
No pets & strictly non-smoking.
Broad Ing Cottage is situated on the fringe of the village of Tirril, which nestles on the edge of the Lake District National Park close to Ullswater and Penrith. The cottage is part of a barn conversion of five properties in a courtyard setting, being very private and peaceful it is a perfect location for relaxing. It is deceptively spacious and is equipped to a very high standard, with all rooms on one level.
Ullswater lake with its' spectacular views is just 2 miles away, making the cottage ideally situated for walking and sailing. The market town of Penrith is only 3 miles away with all the necessary amenities. The village of Pooley bridge which has a village store is just 2 miles away. Tirril boasts a traditional village pub which has welcoming log fire and a friendly atmosphere. It serves both bar and restaurant food and is only a 10-minute stroll from the cottage.
The rear garden is fully paved and has container plants and a pleasant flower border and overlooks open fields and the fells beyond. It catches the sun from early morning to late afternoon and is perfect for alfresco dining as it is very private. The bistro garden is delightful and is situated to the side of the property. It is completely enclosed and is ideal for breakfast or a quiet drink. There is a selction of garden furniture to assist your relaxation and help you to enjoy the peaceful location.
Bed linen and towels are provided. Also available, high chair and travel cot.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Ironing facilities
Penrith has a leisure centre, swimming and raquet sports. The North Lakes Hotel is on the junction 40 of the M6 and has health spa and lesiure facilities. Non-smoking, sorry no pets are allowed. Children welcome from any age.
NY 499264 54.63022 -2.77756
Broad Ing cottage is a 10-minute drive from both juct 40 on the M6 and the A1 and A66 at Penrith. There are rail and bus links at both Penrith and Carlisle.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
car park gravel, pathway block paving.
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
because of other guests with allergies.
Hants, United Kingdom
07 September 2013
“Comfortable and well fitted-out”
This cottage was just what we wanted, very convenient with everything we needed.
Reply from Broad Ing Cottageat 08/09/2013 10:04:30
Hello Mr Whitehead, Thank you for your comments about Broad Ing Cottage - much appreciated. We do try to present the cottage how we would wish to find it ourselves. Carol Kay. C