Search availability for Bawd Hall and book online
The minimum stay for a short break is 3 nights
(House sleeps up to 10)
Availability updated on 30 Mar 15 at 10:45
Bawd Hall Details
- House sleeps up to 10
- Five bedrooms.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view, Ground floor bedroom
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
c/o High Mosser Gate,
Bawd Hall is a luxury country house, sleeping ten, located mid-way between Keswick and Buttermere, in the unspoilt Newlands valley. It is beautifully set with great views and walks right out of the door. Inside, it is furnished to a very high standard and is very comfortable, even in the worst weather, with full central heating, double glazing and an open fire. Keswick is 15 minutes drive away and boating facilities are available at nearby Derwentwater.
The large kitchen/dining room is well-appointed with oak-fronted units and hand-made solid oak furniture seating ten people.
The lounge is very large with ample comfortable seating, a TV, DVD player and a hi-fi. Adjacent is the garden room with full-width picture window.
Upstairs are two super-king bedrooms (one with four poster) and two twin bedrooms. There is also a downstairs double bedroom. All the living rooms and bedrooms have views over the valley.
There are four full-suite bathrooms. Three are upstairs (two en-suite) and one is adjacent to the downstairs bedroom.
Other facilities include a utility room, drying room, lockable bike storage, table tennis, a barbecue area and ample parking.
Visit the web site for further details, pictures, availability and booking.
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Games room onsite
- Ironing facilities
One travel cot and 1 high chair available. Children welcome from any age.
NY 218194 54.56465 -3.20957
From M6 jct 40 take A66 towards Keswick and Cockermouth. At Braithwaite, turn left onto B5292. Take the first left, signposted to the Newlands Valley and Buttermere and turn left again shortly afterwards over the bridge. Continue until you arrive at Bawd Hall, after about 10 minutes.
The nearest railway station is Penrith. From Penrith station there is a regular bus service to Keswick. From Keswick you will need to take a taxi.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
Two suction handles and a bath seat are available on request for use in the ground-floor bathroom.