Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
234 Ordsall Lane, United Kingdom
11 October 2016
“community group management weekend”
We ran out of toilet roll as we only had 3 rolls between 5 of us.
Reply from Cobblestone Cottage & Wallers Barn at 11 Oct 2016
Cheers Jake , I do put Toilet rolls in to set you off with , Cottages are Self Catering
Two new self catering 18thC barn conversions, set on a working farm, 4 miles north of Kendal. Great views and walks, children's grassed garden area. Built by owners who live next door. An ideal base to explore Cumbria.
Cobblestone Cottage is a self contained stone barn conversion which sleeps 10 guests in 4 bedrooms. Ideal for 2 families to share. With parking outside for 4 cars.
The cottage has been built with extras for people with disabilities including downstairs doorways being 1 meter wide. There is a downstairs wet room with shower and Doc m toilet pack also a panic alarm system, there is a intercom system between the 2 floors. The kitchen is fully equipped with electric cooker, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washer, microwave. With adjoining sunroom for dinning in with views across the garden. The lounge has TV with Sky Freeview DVD player and video, also a selection of games videos, DVDs and books. Comfy seating for 9 guests. The Limestone built fireplace has a gas stove in which is on a meter reading. From the lounge to the hallway is the staircase which has hand rails on both sides.
Wallers barn is on 3 levels, lower ground floor, 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, middle floor lounge, kitchen/dining area. Top floor, 1 king-sized bedroom with en suite. Outside there is a patio area in Indian sandstone with built in BBQ and Seating area with steps leading to a parking area for 2 cars. Grassed garden area for your children to play on.
Windermere is just a 20-minute drive away, Penrith 30 minutes and Keswick 40 minutes.
Children welcome from any age.
SD 557985 54.38006 -2.68353
From the south leave M6 jct 36, go through Kendal then pick up signs for A6 north, after 0.5 mile turn right for Mealbank, past church on top of the hill, do not turn right over first bridge. Follow this road for another 3 miles, go past Hall Patton farm. When you reach Patton go over bridge into Whinfell, after 100m turn left at sign in wall, Top Thorn farm. Follow road over 2 cattle grids. Go past Crook Howe, when you get to a dip in the road keep left and follow cottage signs behind buildings. You can't see the cottages from the road they are behind Topthorn Farmhouse.
From the north leave M6 jct 39 and follow A6 for approximately 12 miles then take a right for Mealbank, past church on top of hill. Directions as above.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Working farm
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Toilet suitable for wheelchair users
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bathrooms available with:
- Wet room
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- W.C. fitted with handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
This information relates to Cobblestone Cottage only.
- Ramp to entrance
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Call system with flashing lights
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)