Search availability for Rosmerta Cottage and book online
|Book through GoLakes||SEP
Availability updated on 16 Sep 14 at 06:42
- Cottage sleeps up to 4
- Rosmerta. Self catering cottage adjacent to Moresby Hall. 1 dbl + 1 twin / dbl room. Lounge & well equipped kitchen. Stone staircase to bedrooms (unsuitable for disabled access). Ideal for colleagues, both rooms are en suite. Free Wi-Fi. Breakfast £10 pp.
An additional en suite twin or double room (Pekerige) can be included, inter-connecting to Moresby Hall and the property is then charged as for 3 bedroomed Brighida cottage. See website.
- Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
- For one night stay we charge a B & B rate according to the number of guests with a full english breakfast served in Moresby Hall if required. SHORT BREAKS ARE AVAILABLE. PLEASE DON'T HESITATE TO PHONE OR EMAIL FOR INFORMATION IF YOU PREFER. Our usual weekly change over days are Saturday. This may change for the Christmas and New Year Periods to allow guests the best use of the seasonal holiday weeks. Please contact us for further details.
Situated adjacent to Moresby Hall a Grade I Listed building, Rosmerta cottage retains many original features. The interior is spacious and fully co-ordinated. The cottage is maintained by the owners of Moresby Hall, Jane and David Saxon and will sleep 4 adults in comfort. A folding bed can be provided for a child and a travel cot for infant (bring babies own bedding please). Please advise in advance if these are required. Free WiFi internet access.
Rosmerta cottage has 1 double, 1 twin * with en-suite bathroom, another bathroom, lounge and dining kitchen. £450 per week. Rosmerta cottage can also utilise an adjacent en suite bedroom included with massage power shower and sauna and then this becomes a 3 bed cottage at £675 to sleep up to 6. Please contact Jane to arrange
The twin beds in Rosmerta cottage can be linked to provide a king-size double - please advise not later than 7 days prior to arrival.
The cottage has a well-equipped kitchen to enable guests to self-cater, or we will gladly serve dinner to you in the cottage if you have small children. For a special meal, make a reservation in Moresby Hall's elegant fully licensed dining room.
Only guests staying in Rosmerta cottage have access to the walled gardens in Moresby Hall's grounds and Oak Orangerie. A beautiful place to relax with a book or watch the children play.
Well equipped with dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge freezer, microwave etc. Many kitchen extras such as cleaning materials, dishwasher tablets, refuse sacks, soap etc. Colour TV, video, freeview box, CD player in each lounge area. A complimentary selection of quality hotel style toiletries provided for guests' enjoyment. Colour TV in each bedroom. Fully inclusive price, each weekly booking receives a free pack of basic groceries, wine, flowers and home-made cake, all gas/electric, towels and bed linen.
A travel cot, high chair & stair gate are available at no charge.
For weekly bookings each guest receives either one free English breakfast in Moresby Hall or a £5 discount off dinner in the evening during their stay.
You'll find a semi-rural setting by the coast just outside Whitehaven, a historic harbour town. This historic town has a stunning marina and much interest for all ages.
Convenient for North and West lakes, fells, cultural locations and tourist attractions. Variety of sports including a 3 golf courses and quarter of a mile from the C2C cycleway providing interest for all ages. There are many country fairs and places of interest to visit.
Other tourist attractions include the Rum Story, Muncaster castle & Owl Centre, The Rosehill Theatre, The Ravenglass miniature railway, beautiful coastal beaches and walks. Please see our website for a long Things To Do page and web site links.
Suitable for couples, families, business colleagues, sporting and themed groups.
We do not accept hen or stag parties.
Sorry no pets, but there is an excellent kennels locally for you to take your pet out each day, see our website for details.
Strictly non-smoking, guests may smoke in the grounds only.
Open Christmas and New Year.
One night stay available charged at B & B rate and includes breakfast in Moresby Hall. Three night breaks sometimes available throughout the year. Late Booking discounts updated on-line by owner.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Microwave cooker
- Laundry facilities
- DVD player
- CD player
- Cleaning service
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Linen provided
- Breakfast available
- American Express accepted
- Drying facilities
- Euros accepted
- Cots available
- Central heating
- High chairs available
- Evening meals
- Children welcome
- Staff fluent in Russian
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Building of historical interest
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Travel agent bookings
- Baby listening service
Use of walled gardens in Moresby Hall. Ample private parking. Theatre, golf, swimming and Whitehaven harbour, The Beacon, The Rum Story all within 4 miles. Cycle path 0.25 mile. Muncaster castle, BNFL centre and keswick all a 30 minutes drive away. Children welcome from any age.
NX 984209 54.57308 -3.57316
From M6 jct 40, Penrith, follow A66 left, heading towards Keswick. Keep on A66 past the Keswick turn off, heading for Whitehaven, Workington and Cockermouth. Go past Lakeland sheep tourist centre and follow signs at roundabout as above. Turn left onto A5905 and you will see a Whitehaven 9 miles sign. Carry on the A595 road for approximately 6-7 miles passing through Lillyhall industrial estate, Distington. Go past the Howgate Inn, Brewers fayre, on left, ignore a turning for Low Moresby. Turn next right, signposted for Lowca/Parton, and Moresby Hall is just on the right. Drive through the main gates.
Whitehaven train station is 3 miles away, taxi is low cost.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Service dogs not accepted:
for allergy sufferers
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)