Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Lancashire, United Kingdom
04 June 2014
The cottage was fine except for rats in the walls and roof also the owner is a dog breeder so dogs barking all hours of day and night from six am onwards .the cottage was basic but clean except for the rat problem but really not a nice break cut short by four days not willing to stay with rats crawling inches from my head while trying to sleep sorry to sound so nasty but would advice major inspection before renting property again .i have stayed in many cottages and holiday homes over the years but by far this was the most unpleasant stays in all these years
Thanks william woods
Reply from Liddel Park Country Cottages at 6 Jun 2014
Sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit and the unwelcome visitors. The mice must have just moved in.The cottage is in the country adjacent to woods and mice are always around.
Wood mice were in the roof. Not in the living area. Traps and bait were installed as soon as the problem was mentioned. No sign of them now.
We do welcome dogs and our website shows that we have our own dogs.
It would have been polite to be told you were leaving.
Forest setting, abundance of wildlife, ideal base for exploring England's Border Country, suitable for wheelchair users and cot/high chair available. Arrival after 15.00 and departure before 10.00.
The cottages are arranged in a south-facing courtyard in an elevated forest area offering peace and tranquility. The towns of Longtown and Langholm are within easy reach, well placed to explore the Borders, North Cumbria and the Solway.
Short breaks, 2-4 nights possible.
Children welcome from any age.
NY 468775 55.08907 -2.83501
From M6 jct 44 take A7 to Longtown, at Longtown take third turning on the right to Penton/Catlowdy/Netherby. Follow the road for 6 miles, at T-junction turn right, 2 miles to Catlowdy. We are third property on the right-hand side past Catlowdy.
- Children welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Central heating
- Laundry facilities
- Microwave cooker
- Linen provided
- Pony trekking/horse-riding
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- WiFi or internet access
- DVD player
- CD player
- Single sex groups welcomed
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- Drying facilities
- Washing machine
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Designated parking space provided for guests with disabilities
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Outdoor facilities
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
- Entrance is well lit
- Sink taps have lever handles
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)