Search and Shortlist
Add to shortlist button.
Search availability for Rockside Guest House and book online
Built in 1847 from Lakeland stone, Rockside is a quirky guesthouse full of character and charm. Owner managed by Martin & Caroline, Rockside has been sympathetically modernised to provide you with all your modern day comforts while still retaining many of its original features.
Our en suite rooms are of different shapes and sizes and have all been individually styled to give them their own unique character. Passageways and short flights of stairs head off in different directions and make Rockside a fascinating house to explore.
Rockside Guest House is situated at the head of Windermere village. Less than 2 minutes walk to the train and bus station. Windermere’s many restaurants, pubs and shops are virtually on our front door and with Bowness and Lake Windermere a short 20-minute walk away, Rockside’s location is ideal.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and at Rockside we give it the justice it deserves. We offer a range of options to cater for all tastes, from our substantial Cumbrian full breakfast to lighter bites and vegetarian alternatives. All prepared using quality local produce and served with our delicious home-made marmalade and jams.
Please note we are unable to accept babies; or children under the age of 14.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Ironing facilities
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- DVD player
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Has steps and no ramp
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training