Search availability for 1 Far End Cottages and book online
|Book through GoLakes||MAR
Availability updated on 26 Feb 15 at 22:29
1 Far End Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 5
- Two double and two single bedrooms. Three piece bathroom suite with shower over bath. Fitted kitchen with microwave, sitting room/diner with open fire and beamed ceilings.
- Accepts pets, Bath, Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
High Hollin Bank,
Far End Cottages,
This charming Grade II Listed cottage is in a lovely peaceful location at the foot of the fell no more than 10 minutes walk from Coniston village where there are a good selection of shops and a number of pubs.
It is ideally situated for fell walkers. A public footpath by the side of the cottage is one of the starting points for some of the more demanding high level walks in the area. For the less energetic there are numerous low level walks and an abundance of visitor attractions within easy travelling distance.
The cottage has the benefit of full gas fired central heating. There are two double and two single bedrooms. Linen is provided. There is an open fire and a colour TV/video recorder in the cosy beamed ceiling sitting room/diner.
The fully fitted kitchen incorporates a Bosch electric oven and hob, an integral fridge and a microwave. The three-piece bathroom suite is supplemented by a heated towel rail and shaver point. There is a shower over the bath and a small paved sitting out area outside the front door.
Coniston, with its backdrop of The Old Man of Coniston and its proximity to the lake is an ideal base.
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- CD player
- Linen provided
- Cots available
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- High chairs available
- Children welcome
- WiFi or internet access
- Private parking
- Squash onsite
- Ironing facilities
- Children's outdoor play area
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Call system with vibrating pads
- Call system with flashing lights
- Steps to the main entrance:
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance is well lit
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with support handrails available
- Bath with support handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
Berks, United Kingdom
24 November 2014
“setting great some areas of the needs updating”
felt that in areas like the bathroom and kitchen needed an update. found the bathroom very long and narrow. Love the open fire made the living room feel very homely in the evenings. the setting off the cottage was great ,it was nice to look out of the windows and see the hills and the sheep. behind the house thought was so nice and the outhouse with the coal in. it was a wet week we had and found it a bit difficult to dry our wet clothes after being out.