Search availability for Hill of Oaks Lodge & Caravan Park and book online
Availability updated on 5 Apr 08 at 13:49
Hill of Oaks Details
- 43 numbered pitches
- Numbered pitch
- Spectacular lakeside location.
- Touring caravans, Motor homes, Hard standing, Electric hookup
- Prices (per touring pitch per night normally for one car and 2 people)
Newby Bridge Road,
Nestling on the shores of ancient woodland, offering exclusive lake frontage for more than 1 kilometre along the shores of Windermere.
We have fully-serviced holiday home/lodges that are laid out within the woodlands as well as an excellent centrally located touring area. Our facilities for tourers include electric and digital hook-up points, toilets, hot showers baby changing and disabled facilities. With 5 jetties to choose from, boat launching and access to watersport activities as well as our nature walks. Fishing is also permitted from the shores, with the appropriate licences which are available locally.
We also sell luxury holiday lodges at our sister park Buck Yeats. See the website for more.
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Electric shaver points
- Laundry facilities
- Showers available
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Drying facilities
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Parking space next to pitch
- Water sports onsite
- Children welcome
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Dish washing facilities
- Gas cylinder exchange or refill
- Drinking water
- Heated shower block
- Lighting throughout park
- WiFi or internet access
- Electric hookup
- Flush toilets (with lighting)
- Hot water
- Booking recommended in summer
- Disabled facilities
- Telephone (public)
- Ironing facilities
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Children's outdoor play area
Our location makes us an ideal base for touring other areas within the National Park. Leisure facilities, golf and shopping within 3 miles. Boat launching facilities and moorings on site, a wide selection of watersports nearby. Local event information is available within the on-site shop as well as a large selection of leaflets from local attractions. Children welcome from any age.
SD 384903 54.30458 -2.94814
From M6 jct 36 and travel west towards Newby Bridge on the A590. Turn right at the roundabout and take the A591 towards Bowness for 3 miles.
Turn right onto A592 and we are approximately 3 miles on the left-hand side, turn left and go through the barrier, then follow the road down past the farmhouse until you reach reception.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking space provided at the side of the pitch
- Designated parking space for guests with disabilities within 50 metres of the pitch
- Surface of the pathway leading from the pitch to site facilities is:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc?
- The site is:
- On a slight slope
- Level access (ie no steps or thresholds), or access by a ramp:
- To the shop
- To the shower block
- Toilet suitable for use by wheelchair users
- Washing facilities with:
- Separate shower units
Please log on to our website for up-to-date access statement.
- Steps to reception
- Handrail by steps
- Ramp to reception
- Handrail by ramp
- Reception is well lit
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Facilities well signposted
- Secure children's play area