Search availability for Bluebell Barn and book online
|Book through GoLakes||SEP
Availability updated on 31 Aug 15 at 12:09
Bluebell Barn Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 5
- Three bedrooms, large double to the front, large twin to the rear, small single.
- Shower, Non-smoking unit, Scenic view
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)
East Murton Farm,
Nr Hurworth Burn,
Bluebell Barn is situated in the picturesque village of Great Strickland in the Eden Valley. The property is a detached stone barn conversion which has been renovated and furnished throughout to a high specification.
The spacious accommodation comprises of a large comfortable lounge with a wood burning stove, and overlooking the garden at the rear of the property is a large well-equipped dining kitchen. A downstairs toilet with hand basin is situated at the end of the hall. The lounge, hall and kitchen have parquet/wood flooring.
Upstairs there are three large bedrooms - a double, a twin and a single. Each bedroom is furnished in a contemporary style with a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet(s). The bathroom has been refitted and has a double walk-in shower (no bath).
Outside there is parking for two cars and to the rear an enclosed garden with a seating area.
Bluebell Barn is ideally situated for visitors who enjoy walking or cycling or alternatively exploring the Lake District by car.
The village is within easy reach of Penrith, Pooley Bridge and Ullswater with good road links to all areas of the Lake District. There are many local attractions, one of which is the historic Lowther Castle.
The Strickland Arms is a short walk away and serves a variety of bar meals. A lovely children's playground can be found near the village hall. A number of events are held in the hall throughout the year.
We can offer midweek breaks from 3 nights, weekend breaks of 2 or 3 nights as well as a competitive weekly tariff.
- Public house/Inn
- Microwave cooker
- DVD player
- Linen provided
- Drying facilities
- Foodshop/mobile foodshop
- Central heating
- Real log/coal fires
- Children welcome
- Private parking
- Washing machine
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Ironing facilities
- Children's outdoor play area
The property has oil central heating and a supply of logs. Bed linen is provided, however, towels and tea towels are not. We do not have a cot but there is ample room for a travel cot. There is a play area in village. This is a non- smoking cottage. Sorry no pets Children welcome from any age.
NY 558229 54.59934 -2.68565
Leave A66 at Penrith . Join A6 . Travel south through Eamont Bridge, Clifton and Hackthorpe. On leaving Hackthorpe take first left signposted Great Strickland.
Pass the Strickland Arms on the right, Bluebell Barn is on your left before you reach the church.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Parking for Single unit properties:
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Parking for Multiple unit properties:
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available
Smoke detectors are fitted in hall and landing, fire extinguisher and fore blanket in kitchen.
- Entrance is well lit
- Seating available in kitchen
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
Southampton, United Kingdom
23 August 2015
“Excellent stay in beautiful cottage.”
A very warm welcome from the host Margaret. Fantastic accommodation! Good size bedrooms with large kitchen and sitting room. We really enjoyed our stay. A beautiful rural setting within easy motoring distance away from the Lakes and other superb areas. Will definitely return