It's never too late to book a last minute break in Cumbria. The grids below show hotels, B&Bs, guest houses and self-catering units in the Lake District with availability for today and the next 8 days. You can see more details of each property and book it online now by clicking on the link. The lists will keep on changing as we only show accommodation that has updated recently and has bookable availability in the next 8 days.
Visiting tonight or tomorrow, then book online and get instant confirmation.
Search availability for Ivythwaite Cottage and book online
|Book through GoLakes||JUN
Availability updated on 22 May 13 at 08:39
Recently renovated to a very high standard, The Nook consists of one double bedroom with king-size ornate bed, high-vaulted ceilings with velux window providing a light and airy room. Separate bathroom with in bath shower. Cosy first-floor lounge provided with 26" flat-screen TV & DVD player, Sky channels and Wifi. Ground-floor spacious open plan. Fully-fitted kitchen/diner, facilities include washing machine, fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher. Full central heating
Front door leads to own private patio area for al-fresco dining. All bed linen and towels provided, mid week clean and laundry service offered. The Nook is entirely private from the owners accommodation and has exclusive use of own car park space.
Rentals are from Saturday to Saturday arrivals from 15.00 departures by 10.00. Shorter stays might sometimes be possible, please check with us for availability and quote. Shorter term stays are subject to a three night minimum. The Nooks location offers privacy, peace and quite.
For further details see
see location on Google maps. Map reference: SD 411977 Lat: 54.37139 Long: -2.90812
From the south or north leave the M6 at jct 36 and follow the A591 to Windermere.
Turn off the A591 at Windermere through the village and follow the main road until you reach the Baddeley clock monument and gardens on your left.
Turn in here and continue to the junction with Princes road on your right. The Nook is accessed via the lane first on the left, the lane is shared with Ivythwaite Lodge.
- Private parking
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Linen provided
- Microwave cooker
- Washing machine
- Ironing facilities
- Satellite TV
- CD player
- Central heating
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Parking space provided
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance:
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Steps and no ramp
- Steps to the main entrance:
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance is well lit
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Toilet and bathroom
- One or more bedrooms
- Dining room
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Seating available in kitchen
- Bedrooms available with non-allergic bedding (ie non-feather pillows)
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
- Service dogs not accepted:
- Call system with flashing lights
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
The Nook Details
- Cottage sleeps up to 2
- One bedroom.
- Shower, Spa bath
- Prices (per unit per week for normal occupancy)